Posted about 1 year ago
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Proofpoint is seeking a Sr. Sales Engineer
to join the Information Archiving & Compliance Team in the New York City/Tri-State region. As an Archiving Sales Engineer, you will be our customer’s technical liaison and ensure that our products are positioned correctly to solve their business challenges. You will be responsible for sharing customer requirements with Proofpoint’s Product Management, Professional Services and Marketing teams to improve the products, ensure smooth deployments, and meet market demands.
In conjunction with a team of Sales Account Executives, you will be responsible for conducting in-person and remote product demonstrations, articulating the technical value of Proofpoint products, and ensuring successful Proof of Concepts to beat the competition.
It’s an exciting time to be at Proofpoint!
What you bring to the team
- Be the technical sales lead throughout the pre-sales cycle by owning and driving evaluations to success
- Perform product demonstrations
- Manage and own technical follow-up
- Conduct product training workshops
- Respond to RFI/RPFs
- Develop training materials tailored to customer requirements
- Technical pre-sales support for direct and channel sales teams
- Assist the sales teams to develop and implement specific account penetration strategies
- Develop relationships with the sales teams, partners and customers in support of Proofpoint sales objectives
- Provide technical expertise and real-life experience in creating solutions, designs, proof of concept projects, and implementations
- Conduct research and use knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections
- Educate sales teams and partners on the product solutions
- Work alongside Product Management on client assessments
- Drive high levels of customer satisfaction
- 5+ years email archiving industry experience in sales engineering
- Technical background in cloud archiving and regulatory compliance principles
- Strong technical presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exchange and Active Directory system administration experience a plus
- A thorough understanding of Exchange Journaling and Internet protocols and how they work (TLS, SMTP, etc.)
- Knowledge of mail system topology, network configuration and components (firewalls, routers, etc.)
- Prior experience in selling Software as a Service
- Must have a good understanding of the sales process and the roles and responsibilities of a sales engineer
- Ability to see and present “the Big Picture”, uncover business challenges, and architect a solution to solve customer business issues
- Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, high energy environment
- Must be able to work alone and collaboratively with multiple Account Managers and Sales Engineers
- Must be highly motivated, be able to adapt quickly, and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to travel 50%
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!