Posted 6 months ago
Sales Operations and Reporting Analyst
Canonical is a fast moving, international software company that delivers Ubuntu, an operating system for devices, desktops and cloud. Ubuntu underpins innovation from startups to giants, and Canonical shapes that platform and its possibilities for the global market.
We are hiring for a critical role reporting to the Sales Operations Director. This role partners with sales, marketing, product management, delivery, finance and legal teams to proactively create the conditions where more deals, move through the sales process faster, whilst maintaining control of product selection and pricing. Being mindful of managing a process that results in producing information to be used by the Executive team to monitor performance against strategic plans, as well as providing insight to aid the decision making and planning processes.
Required Skills and Experience
- Support all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the sales function globally, including monitoring opportunities through the funnel for accuracy to allow successful provisioning of orders on closure of a deal
- Own and improve the quarterly sales compensation process moving to a real-time model of sales achievement that feeds the commision process.
- Assist in and coordinate the delivery of commision planning and sales compensation plan design and delivery
- Delivery a sales process training programme, looking for new ways to improve sales productivity and engagement through training delivery and content.
- Provide operational support for the global sales team on CRM and other sales operations systems and processes, including ad hoc reporting as necessary
Desired skills and experience
- Qualified to degree level, with strong academic standing, ideally in a finance, mathematics, computer science or a business related discipline
- 2-3 years experience operating in a similar sales operations role, ideally within a technology subscription-based business
- Track record providing insight through a combination of robust CRM, CPQ, analytics and sales compensation systems and processes
- Demonstrable ability to lead complex initiatives, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence
- Combining a sense of urgency with a thoughtful systematic approach, executing systems and processes that deliver robust, repeatable and scalable outcomes
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work productively with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation on a global scale, to drive priorities and achieve a balance between enabling and challenging the business
- Certified Salesforce Administrator, or equivalent experience and willing to gain certification
- Demonstrable experience of providing effective training
- Experience with BI tools (Tableau) and CPQ (Salesforce/Dealhub)