Posted 7 months ago
GrapheneDB is the first cloud hosting provider to offer Neo4j graph databases as a service. We proudly manage thousands of Neo4j database instances, catering from individual developers working on pet projects to large companies with challenging workloads and reliability requirements.
As a senior scala software engineer you will be a part of a distributed (remote) team in charge of building and maintaining the core stack of GrapheneDB SaaS offering.
As a Scala engineer at GrapheneDB you will:
- Participate in design, development and maintenance of Scala based APIs, microservices and systems.
- Monitor, investigate and solve issues in the code and infrastructure.
- Implement and enforce security best practices at scale.
- Manage deployments and product releases.
- Participate in an on-call rotation/schedules and respond to incidents.
- Strong knowledge of Scala development stack and Akka technologies.
- Experience building REST-ful APIs and distributed microservices.
- Experience with Akka Streams and Akka HTTP.
- Experience working with Docker.
- Moderate knowledge of Linux systems administration and bash scripting.
- Experience working with Git version control system.
- Familiarity with the AWS cloud platform.
- Strong problem determination and solving skills.
- Ability to work remotely and communicate in English.
- Ability to get along with others.
Desirable but not required for the job application
- Familiarity working with Akka Cluster stack.
- Familiarity with reactive and functional design patterns.
- Familiarity with domain driven design.
- Familiarity with "infrastructure-as-code" tools: eg. Ansible and Terraform.
- Experience in any of these technologies: Rust, Netty, Prometheus, JVM monitoring and (practical) tuning.
- Experience with Neo4j or other NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB and Redis.
- Experience as a Linux systems engineer/administrator in the Amazon Cloud (AWS).
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary.
- 100% remote work.
- Numerous planned company events throughout the year.
- Flexible working hours and a generous vacation policy.
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Budget for personal development: books, training, conferences, etc.
- Career development opportunities: we encourage/support professional growth opportunity at work.
- You submit your application via our online form.
- We review applicants, screening for a variety of criteria.
- If you pass the screening, we will ask you to complete a small coding test.
- We will review code test submissions and conduct calls to interview candidates based on their solutions.
- We will make an offer to the candidate we think is the best fit.
GrapheneDB is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.