Posted 10 months ago
Oddball believes that the best products are built when engineers understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal space.
We are hiring for a Scrum Master to work on a new program supporting the Air Force that will make a positive impact on millions of Americans' daily lives. As an early hire on a small team, you'll have a huge stake in what we build and how we work.
We value a calm, collected environment where you can focus on doing great work. You can expect top-of-the-market pay, flexible hours, and a balanced work week.
What you'll be doing:
Working hand in hand with a small team to lead our Scrum initiatives. This includes establishing an environment where the team can be effective, helping to clear obstacles/blockers, and working closely with the Product Owner and other stakeholders to establish backlogs and priorities. In addition to the Scrum Master role, at times this individual may be called on to perform some basic UX design duties
We are looking for someone with the following skillset:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent technical degree, or equivalent industry experience
- A minimum of 3+ years of Scrum Master experience, utilizing Agile Scrum methodologies to plan and oversee work for one or more Scrum teams
- Experience with Agile techniques: User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Continuous Delivery, Automated Testing
- Knowledge of other agile methodologies like Kanban
- Experience with UX design and knowledge of Human-Centered Design approach for developing digital services
- Conduct all Scrum ceremonies, including Sprint Planning, daily Scrum Meetings, Sprint Reviews, and Sprint Retrospectives
- Perform continuous and active backlog grooming
- Support all inter and intra team communication
- Calculate ongoing team capacity and velocity
- Work with the Product Owner to perform prioritization, risk management, and scope
- Lead working session meetings to discuss scope, schedule and requirements with product owners
- Manage product quality, releases and delivery
- Work with stakeholders to accurately report progress, risks, successes, and failures
- Maintain a close working relationship with the product owner, scrum team and other stakeholders
- Act as a mentor to ensure development teams work toward the core Scrum principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
- Strong verbal and written communication skills directed at both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Comfortable handling multiple ongoing engagements and parallel work streams.
- Capable of taking direction from senior leadership and translating into concrete next steps and actions.
- Must be a team player who is self-motivated, detail-oriented, and takes initiative in performing tasks
- Previous government experience is a plus
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification a plus
- U.S citizen required
This is a salaried role. As part of your benefits package, Oddball provides a monthly continuing education stipend and a tech stipend.
Must be located within the United States