Posted about 1 year ago
Do you live and breathe information security? Want to battle cyber criminals every day? Want to work on important problems, your way? Atlassian has an amazing opportunity for you!
We're expanding our security intelligence capability and looking for smart, technical, people to help us build and run new monitoring/analytics systems. As a Senior Security Intelligence Analyst you'll be watching over the our corporate environment and Atlassian cloud services, hunting for signs of compromise and implementing high-fidelity alerts. More than that, you'll be building new systems, developing automation and crushing security problems you care about.
We would love for you to be a great developer, but more importantly, you must be bright, motivated and love security. You should be comfortable writing code to get things done and not depend on third party products to do your job. You must have a solid understanding of network, system and application security and should be considered great in at least one by your peers.
Your day to day will include:
- Run and manage security investigations
- Perform investigations on a wide variety of events from various sources to determine whether they pose a threat to Atlassain
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate security incidents
- Advocate security and secure practices throughout Atlassian
- Conduct research to identify new attack vectors against Atlassians products and services
- Analyzing log data for signs of compromise
- Researching attacker tools and tactics
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 3+ years experience working in security
- Relevant work experience in security and incident investigation
- Fluency in any modern programming languages (preferably Python, Ruby, Java or Go)
- Written code to complete security tasks
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Experience building and delivering projects from start to finish
- Passion for collaboration and strong interpersonal skills
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud service platform
- Experience with malware analysis
- Experience with threat hunting and threat modeling
- Contributions to the security community or open source projects
- Data analytics experience
More about our team
We want diverse skill sets and super smart people so we can all learn from each other and do do interesting things. We don't just click the same buttons over and over. You will be working along with the security engineering team - a crazy smart group dedicated to improving the security of our products and engineering practices. We work both independently and in collaboration with development teams as we assess and respond to security issues that might occur with new products and features.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and were at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, were advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, were out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, were looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.