Posted 4 months ago
Kuali builds open source higher ed solutions in a competitive space where users are just waiting to be delighted. We are looking for a mid to senior level fullstack Ruby on Rails + React Developer to work on our Ready product line. Kuali Ready makes Business Continuity Planning software for higher education. This position will focus primarily on the frontend, experience with React is important.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Kuali builds open source higher ed solutions in a competitive space where users are just waiting to be delighted.
Why join us? Our work matters — we’re helping our customers improve the quality of higher education by decreasing administrative costs. We compete in a competitive space where users are saddled with outdated, inefficient, legacy ERPs and eager to be delighted. We’re generating revenue and growing quickly with nearly 170 customers and 100 employees. Kuali is committed to open source software development. You’ll have a significant impact on what we do and how we do it because we are an empowered group of entrepreneurs. Plus, you’ll get to work with some truly amazing people at a fast-growing, design-centric EdTech startup.
If you’re looking to make your fortune off a quick flip with no business model, you’d be happier someplace else.
- Help set architectural direction for our services architecture.
- Create elegant code.
- Build relationships with customers to develop a deep understanding of their needs.
- Support critical bugs and security issues in a Devops role.
- Advocate passionately for customer priorities during product development.
- Create amazing software and services.
- Talk and listen to customers (and other developers) about their challenges, hopes, and dreams.
- Have experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Have experience with React
- You're well versed in at least two programming languages, but preferably many.
- Care about the quality of your code.
- Care about user experience and also about the back end.
- You’re versatile. You know when to think big and when to act small. You’re equally comfortable in both greenfield and refactoring projects.
- You’re inspired to achieve results, and your enthusiasm is contagious.
- You’re passionate about your role in helping customers and other developers achieve their missions, and you advocate for them fiercely.
- You’re curious and continuously seek knowledge and share your discoveries with others.
- You know how to influence and serve.
- You’ve used agile methodologies and have ideas on how you’d improve them.
- You’re into Continuous Delivery and devops.
If you have some of these too we’ll be delighted:
- You have experience with the Higher Education community.
- You’ve shipped Software as a Service (SaaS) products.
- You’ve worked on mobile apps.
- 401k matching (up to 4% of your salary)
- Full health premiums paid by company for you and dependents
- Take the time off that you need (we don’t track sick or vacation time)
- Paid holidays
- Annual tech hardware budget to buy whatever you want to do your job
- Annual conference and training budget to learn what you want to learn
- Catered lunches & fresh fruit if you are local
- Remote-friendly environment
What can I expect next?
We will reach out to you if we are interested in a phone screen. After an initial phone call, you will be asked to do a coding challenge (roughly 2 hours). After the coding challenge, you will do a series of Zoom conference interviews with several members of the team.