Posted about 1 year ago
Senior Software Developer – Software Defined StorageJob Description:
Senior Software Engineer, Software Defined Storage
At SUSE we're building the next-generation Software Defined Storage (SDS) solution, and are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join us as part of the SUSE Enterprise Storage team.
As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to work on, and contribute to, a number of technologies and open-source projects, including Ceph, Kubernetes, Rook (rook.io), Salt, Docker, Python, Go, C++ and more. You will also have the opportunity to work directly with our local sales engineers to ensure our technologies meet the needs of our customers and partners, and are successfully deployed within their unique environments.
We're looking for someone who is interested in everything from automation, to systems engineering, to operations – someone who enjoys working on complex problems, and isn’t afraid to span the full stack of distributed systems. You should have an analytical mind, experience with computer science concepts and development processes, and a keen interest to learn new things. You must be able to articulate these ideas and assist in bringing these technologies to our customers and partners.
• You are passionate about programming and creating excellent software which meets the goals of its users.
• You are an excellent teammate, and believe that as a team we can achieve anything but you can also work autonomously with a work style that values results.
• Demonstrable experience contributing to Open Source projects and interacting with their communities in a leadership role.
• Experience with continuous integration and writing tests for your code.
• Ability to document and automate common tasks with a goal to automate everything.
• Ability to understand and resolve complex problems by developing enterprise-grade solutions.
• Experience with developing software for complex distributed systems.
• Experience with highly available and reliable clusters.
• Experience with at least one of the following programming languages: Go, Python or C++.
• Highly proficient in English (written and verbal).
Nice to have:
• Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) and 7+ years related work experience.
• Experience working in globally distributed teams.
• Experience with Ceph or other distributed storage solution.
• Experience with container orchestration engines; knowledge of Kubernetes would be a plus.
• Experience with Docker or other Linux-based container technologies.
• Experience with Configuration Management tooling (Salt, Ansible, Chef).
• Experience with Cloud Computing (OpenStack, AWS, or Azure.)
• Direct contact with representatives of free/open source software projects worldwide.
• Regular hack weeks and opportunities to attend conferences and workshops.
• We offer a competitive package & employee benefit that are commensurate with candidate's experience and qualification
• We celebrate success!
Location: Provo, Utah USA, or North American home office
EngineeringSUSE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status