Posted over 1 year ago
As a Senior Software Engineer - Backend you will be helping to build and scale a consumer credit platform that is changing how people think about credit. We have a flat structure with minimal management layers fostering an open and collaborative environment that empowers our engineers with freedom to innovate and have end-to-end ownership. We encourage people to voice their ideas, introduce and learn new technologies, and take risks. We have a microservices architecture with plans to rapidly launch a wide range of products. By joining Upgrade at this early stage, you'll be creating the building blocks that will have a significant impact and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
This is a remote position and can be based anywhere in Brazil.
* As a SME of the platform, you will work closely with multiple stakeholders to help shape its direction and implement new features. You will be responsible for all technical aspects of the system, including:
* Developing complex application software using modern continuous integration tools like JIRA/Git/Jenkins
* Maintaining best practices for code hygiene and health, including test coverage and deployment
* Supporting a robust test framework and architecture, including integration with third parties
* Contributing to documentation of the system
* Helping with trouble-shooting and problem solving
* Excellent Java programming experience (2+ years of experience preferred)
* Knowledge of unit testing methodologies
* SQL and database programming expertise
* Knowledge of Maven, Hibernate, ORM frameworks, and the Spring family of frameworks
* Experience working on AWS and micro services architecture is highly desirable
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.