Posted 25 days ago
Upgrade is a fintech unicorn backed by a top 10 global bank and other leading fintech investors. Founded in 2017, Upgrade has already delivered $3 billion in consumer credit and achieved $100 million in annual revenue run rate and cash profitability.
Upgrade is building a neobank offering exceptional value to mainstream consumers, including affordable and responsible credit through cards and loans. In 3 short years 10 million people have already applied for an Upgrade Card
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal 3 years in a row, and received “Best Company for Women” and “Best Company for Diversity” awards from Comparably
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and implementing new and better products and join a team of 300 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
- As a SME of the platform, you will work closely with multiple stakeholders to help shape its direction and implement new features. You will be responsible for all technical aspects of the system, including:
- Developing complex application software using modern continuous integration tools like JIRA/Git/Jenkins
- Maintaining best practices for code hygiene and health, including test coverage and deployment
- Supporting a robust test framework and architecture, including integration with third parties
- Contributing to documentation of the system
- Helping with trouble-shooting and problem solving
- Excellent Java programming experience
- Knowledge of unit testing methodologies
- SQL and database programming expertise
- Knowledge of Maven, Hibernate, ORM frameworks, and the Spring family of frameworks
- Experience working on AWS is highly desirable
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Comprehensive benefit package: medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited vacation policy
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.