Posted over 1 year ago
Are you a maker who you loves helping others do their best work? Get on board as a Senior Software Engineer - Developer Productivity on Atlassian's Jira Cloud team!
Jira is one of the most popular and powerful development tools for software teams in the world! It is also Atlassian's largest product, with hundreds of engineers working on our cloud offering across the globe.
You’ll work as part of a small, high-energy team delivering incredible, creative improvements for our engineering teams. You will collaborate with other developers - your customers - to make tools and systems that are a delight to use and multiply the potential of those around you. You'll also use your analytical skills to make sure we're solving the right problems.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- A strong passion for continuous improvement and measuring success
- A customer and outcome-driven mindset
- Influencing and interpersonal skills, including seeking first to understand as well as a high EQ (emotional intelligence) for both customers and fellow developers
- Experience in building, configuring and customising the tools most commonly used in software development in a continuous delivery environment (e.g. Maven, Gradle, Python, Node.js, Docker, Jenkins, Bamboo, Git)
- Experience in JVM-based development
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Experience in Java web application technology stacks, both legacy and modern
- Experience in working on or supporting large-scale software projects (millions of lines of code, multiple or monolithic repositories)
- Experience or interest in Kotlin development
- Project leadership skills for small to medium-sized projects
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (eg. XP, scrum)