Posted 7 months ago
Job CategoryProducts and Technology
Software Engineer, Customer Centric Engineering
San Francisco, CA
Federal Clearance required
US Citizen Only
In school, or graduated within the last 12 months? Please visit FutureForce for opportunities.
Join a high impact global engineering team that delivers Customer Love by solving the toughest technical customer escalations fast and champions trust strategy throughout the company.
At Salesforce, trust is our #1 priority. Our cloud applications handle billions of transactions each day for 100,000+ companies who demand high quality, responsiveness, and predictability. Performance issues and functional bugs must be identified and resolved quickly. As a Customer Centric Engineer within R&D you will investigate, reproduce, and diagnose complex issues affecting our customers. You should be passionate about solving tough technical problems and recommending improvements to products and processes. Technical skills are important, but so are persistence, patience and communication.
What you'll be doing:
What we're looking for:
- Figuring out ways to "find the bug" utilizing top-notch troubleshooting techniques and all the tools and systems available within the R&D organization, and digging deep into code
- Identifying root causes, proposing test cases and fixes, and developing new debugging tools while working closely with product teams
- Providing timely information to customer facing teams to improve overall customer satisfaction
- Mentoring Technical Support on technical issues and best practices
- Building relationships with other teams across Customer Services, R&D, and data center operations as a technical expert
- Championing Supportability and Debuggability initiatives throughout R&D
- Developer-level technical chops along with a strong desire to interact with customers, support engineers and management on high-profile issues critical to the long-term success of the company
- Demonstrable curiosity, passion, integrity and outstanding attention to detail in professional and personal pursuits
- Unparalleled troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as exemplified by clear bug/issue explanations, documentation of knowledge, mentoring ability, and comfort interacting with all levels of management
- Bachelor's Degree. BS or MS in Computer Science preferred
- Eligibility for federal clearance to provide service to our government cloud
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
This candidate must be a U.S. citizen (U.S. born or naturalized) who does not hold dual citizenship and agrees to complete a U.S. federal government Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) for a Moderate Public Trust position.