Posted about 1 year ago
Peerspace is on a mission to make it easy for people to meet, create, and celebrate in beautiful and inspiring spaces.
Over 3 million people have come together in a Peerspace to create unique events, and we’re growing a team as diverse and well-rounded as our community to help us reach the next 10 million. Peerspace offers an open and inclusive workplace where all team members are enabled to blaze their own trail, make things happen, and be recognized taking pride in their work.
As a Senior Front-end Engineer, you’ll:
- Partner with product and design to deliver rich web applications that meet technical, product, and design requirements.
- Build complex UIs, working with design to solve any tricky CSS challenges.
- Ship frequently - we develop in 2 week sprints that include retros focused on evolving and tuning our process.
- Work with front-end technologies like Node.js, Redux, React, ES6, Gulp, Rollup, NPM, and Webpack.
- Participate in shaping the future architecture of our applications to improve velocity and scalability.
- Help drive decisions around framework and tool choices.
- Collaborate with the backend team as they define APIs and other services that support client applications.
- Monitor and optimize web performance to ensure a great user experience.
- Encourage colleagues to follow best practices via pairing, technical documentation, and PR review.
- You’ve been developing and maintaining front-end code in production for 3 years or more.
- You consider yourself a full-stack developer.- You have experience with React in a Flux architecture.
- You thrive in an open and diverse environment and the team you work with is as important as the product you're building.
- You like to share - you write code that is modular and extensible whenever possible and leave code better than you found it.
- You love to ship - your track record of shipping software that you took end to end responsibility for speaks for itself.
- You want to go home every day knowing your work is valued and will materially impact the experience of Peerspace hosts and guests nationwide.
- Experience in a small start-up environment- Experience with build tools like Webpack and Gulp- Open to developing features in React Native- Strong user empathy
- Competitive salary with employee stock options and access to a 401k
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Take-it-when-you-need-it vacation and sick days
- Flexible work from home or remote work (PST hours) potential
- Weekly catered lunch
- $500 annual professional development allowance
- 20% discount on all Peerspace bookings
Peerspace is a community marketplace that makes planning gatherings - starting with finding the perfect space - simple. Whether it’s a loft for a party, a rooftop for a film shoot, or an art gallery for a meeting, Peerspace empowers people to create one-of-a-kind experiences. As a community marketplace, Peerspace makes it easy for individuals and businesses to monetize their underused space and share it with an audience of millions.
Founded in April of 2014, Peerspace is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, New York, and Chicago. The company’s investors include GV, Foundation Capital, Structure Capital, Red Bridge Partners, and 31VENTURES.