Posted 6 months ago
With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge we're processing tens of millions of dollars in sales every week. Our mission ‘making repeat orders easier for everyone' began four years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 100 remote-first employees around the globe.
Our Quality team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test to work on improving API test automation and coverage for our software as a service platform. You’ll be a part of a small and impactful team responsible for test automation and framework development across engineering teams.
Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Selenium, PyTest, Jinja, ES6, Vue.js, Sass, Webpack, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Ansible, Memcached, Nginx, Snowflake, Looker, Matillion
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Be part of a new, tight-knit team and closely with engineers on our Platform team.
- Build out automation frameworks to help integrate automated tests seamlessly into current development process.
- Drive quality across team by constantly building easy-to-use test frameworks and empowering developers to move towards TDD.
- Work with real world problems faced in scaling the business, suggest innovations/enhancements and work with team in implementing and rolling them out.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team; improve testing standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug production and test environment issues across multiple levels of the stack.
What You’ll Bring
- Typically, 6+ years of relevant software testing experience in fast paced environments
- Knowledge of one or more languages like: Python, Go, Java, Nodejs, Ruby
- Proficient with Python, Flask and collaborative tools like Git
- Experience with automation frameworks like: Selenium, Cucumber/Gherkin, Gauge
- Experience with build tools like: Jenkins, CircleCI, or GitLab
- Experience automating tests for REST APIs
- Experience performance testing web applications (JMeter, Gatling)
- Self driven; a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Desire to work remotely and make an impact at a boot-strapped start-up
- Excellent communication skills, a team player with a ‘winning as a team’ attitude
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired