Posted 2 months ago
- Java, Kotlin, Reactive programming, Spring, Kubernetes, Kafka, Maven, Gradle, Docker, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Productivity: Gitlab, Google Cloud, Grafana, Swagger, JIRA, Confluence, Slack
- Fluent in any JVM-based language (Kotlin experience is not required, we'll help you to get started!)
- Ability to write clean and testable code
- Knowledge of how to handle eventual consistency in an event-driven environment
- Proficiency in best practices and design patterns
- Experience in working with micro services architecture
- Everything at Zedge is around content and we have millions of various content of different types, e.g. images, audio (podcasts, ringtones, sounds)), video, chats etc. "Content Management Platform" (#cm) team is responsible for ensuring that the content is uploaded, processed through various APIs (e.g. Google Vision AI, Audible Magic), stored in an efficient manner and moderated on time. As Zedge grows, so does the amount of content and content types we have, which means a continuous challenge for every member of this team.
- Examples of upcoming initiatives: rebuilding moderation processes and tooling from scratch, introducing more new content types (uploading, storing, serving, moderating, access rights); upgrade "legacy" (Java 11, but another framework) content management services.
- Working together with the full-stack #cm team (UX, product, web, server-side) to deliver world-class entertainment to our 500 million users worldwide
- Writing software in Continuous Delivery way - all changes are covered by unit and integration tests, backwards compatible when needed, easy-to-deploy every day
- Being proactive in introducing and maintaining best modern software engineering practices every day
- Either Stock Options or RSU package of NYSEAMERICAN:ZDGE
- Monthly compensation range starts from EUR 3400 net (after taxes)
- Humble, hungry, and smart colleagues that are always striving for the most reasonable solutions
- Very little technical debt - we write most of the software from scratch, constantly learning and using new technologies
- Ability to learn from other colleagues and apply your ideas on a large scale, distributed systems. And an ability to deploy your changes to Production in less than 15 minutes
- Startup culture - if you see that something is wrong, go ahead and fix it! No need to seek for multiple approvals
- Latest hardware and software - laptop with your favourite OS (Mac, Linux, Windows), IntelliJ, keyboard/mouse of your choice, etc.
- We are remote-first and we will continue to be - there is no need to go to the office but you can - you can choose what's best for you
- Perks: private health insurance; home office budget (whatever you need – noise-canceling headphones, gaming chair, and the like); learning budget (you can dedicate 10% of your working time to learning); mobile phone budget; free books. For folks who prefer working in the office, we offer a parking spot.