Posted 5 months ago
Do you want to work with talented peers in a fun environment building a world class product? If youre eager to develop software in an agile environment with a focus on problem solving and engineering excellence this is the place for you!
Opsgenie is a modern incident management platform for operating always-on services, empowering Dev & Ops teams to plan for service disruptions and stay in control during incidents. Opsgenie centralizes alerts, notifies the right people reliably, and enables them to collaborate and take rapid action.
We are looking for passionate Senior Software Engineer(s) who really love to R&D and want to delve into building infrastructural needs of Opsgenie product teams. Wed like our new colleagues to be passionate about their engineering craft. You'll apply your inquisitive approach in a collaborative manner no matter the task, solving complex problems whether they touch the customer or simply compliment the work of your team.
There's plenty to get done. We'd love you to:
- Monitor, Scale, Automate, Secure everything by building high quality software
- Become an AWS Cloud expert, world is going SaaS & Serverless
- Adopt software development & cloud best practices
- Go beyond a traditional software developer career, by playing a role in the big picture
- Become an architect of highly reliable & scalable global SaaS
- Challenge requirements of a Global marketplace
- Continuously improve yourself, the team and amplify our product
- Become a DevOps evangelist, adopt & spread DevOps
More about you
On your first day, we'd love for you to have:
- Solid foundation in software design, object-oriented programming, data structures and algorithms
- Ability to analyze problems and come up with solutions independently
- Experience with Test Driven Development, Refactoring, Clean Code, Clean Architecture, Design Patterns
- Expertise with software development in JVM-based languages (Java is preferred)
- Experience with scripting (python, shell)
- Experience with automation tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools like NewRelic, AWS CloudWatch, DataDog, Prometheus etc.
- Experience designing, building, and operating large systems with scalability, availability, testing and performance requirements
- Real passion for learning from and mentoring your peers to evolve the engineering craft within your team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Security: AWS Trusted Advisor, AWS Inspector, AWS CloudTrail, AWS WAF, AWS GuardDuty
It's great, but not required, that you have:
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with AWS Services (IAM, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, S3, EC2, EKS, VPC and ElastiCache)
- A passion for applying DevOps concepts (CI/CD, etc.) to improve the delivery process of software
- Experience in ElasticSearch
- Experience in Kubernetes or Docker
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and were at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, were advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, were out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, were looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.