Posted about 1 year ago
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world's best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Senior Software Engineer - Reliability
to help us change the way digital products are designed.
This role will help ensure uninterrupted service for InVision customers and act as a force multiplier for product teams to deliver better software faster. This role will have ownership of foundational reliability services and a big impact on our product.
The reliability team is dedicated ensuring resiliency at scale. You will lead design, development and delivery of solutions which to enhance the scalability, availability, and efficiency of microservices. This role is will have direct impact on platform and product teams by identifying problems, anti-patterns, and opportunities to add resilience to applications. Our tech stack includes but is not limited to Kubernetes, AWS, Kafka, Keneis, Go and Java based microservices.
What you'll do:
What you'll bring (we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every single one):
- Uncover and advocate reliability, performance and upstream solutions with internal stakeholders
- Create tools for monitoring, self-healing infrastructures
- Code in Golang!
- Develop solutions for circuit breaking, chaos testing, load shedding, rate limiting, server side and event bus resiliency
- Identify performance bottlenecks and troubleshoot performance issues
- Collaborate to problem solving and design
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning
- Mentor other developers and site reliability engineers in new technologies being implemented
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment.
- Experience finding anti-patterns and engineering reliability at scale
- 1+ years of experience with Golang
- Good communication skills and experience leading projects
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- A passion for creating performant and reliable applications
The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.