Posted 2 months ago
Why Red Canary
Red Canary was founded to make security for every business better by protecting organizations around the world from cyber threats. Our combination of market defining technology, processes, and expertise delivered using an innovative SaaS model is preventing breaches every day.
The Red Canary engineering team builds and operates the platform to deliver unmatched threat detection and response. We process billions of events per day from hundreds of thousands of systems worldwide. Every engineer is on the front lines of cybersecurity with unique opportunities to learn new technology and solve the hardest problems in cyber security.
Why You Matter
We're looking for an experienced Rust engineer with Linux development experience to join the Red Canary engineering team. You will build highly reliable software that collects high volume security telemetry from Linux servers, generating rich security telemetry that we use to identify and stop threats affecting our customers.
We use Rust as the principal language for developing our security telemetry collection software because it provides a safe and modern toolchain for producing high-quality software. Rust allows Red Canary to develop new features and iterate quickly on our code base to provide customers with high-quality security telemetry, reliability, and performance in their Linux environments.
As a Senior engineer on our endpoint telemetry collection team, you will design and implement features to support telemetry collection and new detection capabilities. You'll have the opportunity to interface directly with customers, helping them troubleshoot issues and working on designing features that meet their needs. In this role, you may work from our Denver office or remote.
Please note, different companies have different philosophies on titles and levels. If your title is/was Staff or Principal, you may still be a good fit for this role.
Who You Are
- Energized when given ownership of complex problems
- Passionate about prototyping with new technology and quickly determining if it is a fit for the problem
- A critical thinker, able to break problems down quickly and prioritize critical action paths
- Comfortable moving fluidly between system level architecture and code level implementation
- An experienced debugger and troubleshooter of complex systems and data pipelines
- Comfortable determining the right level of testing needed for various components
- Experience with low-level systems programming, preferably Rust and for real-world applications
- Experience with C or C++
- Experienced with Linux operating systems development and usage
- Experienced with cloud technologies, preferably AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Go is a bonus
- Experience with Security is a bonus