Posted about 1 year ago
We're a small FinTech company based in Waltham, MA, focused on developing a SaaS platform to help multi-asset investors (endowments, foundations, family offices, outsourced chief investment officers, and pensions) better manage their assets and their time.
Our team is has been making significant improvements to develop a platform in line with the firm’s vision to become the go-to software technology for multi-asset investors. We are looking for extraordinary performers who thrive on creative freedom and user-focused development.
Being a small company has its challenges; however, every employee is influential and has the potential to make a great impact as we grow together.
What you’ll be doing
As a highly motivated and expert SQL Developer consultant, you will help improve our core logic, work with executives on expanding capabilities of our platform and help identify/improve hotspots to create a better user experience. We’re looking for someone that wants to work in a small, fastmoving FinTech startup from an early stage with a hunger for new challenges.
Your daily activities include working on database design for new portions of our application, maintaining and adding additional logic to our existing codebase and diagnosing/fixing issues that may occur.
Our overall goal is to produce software that our users truly enjoy and find value, so it's important that you care about the customer’s experience. If this is something you're passionate about, you may be the perfect fit.
Duration: 6+ months
* 4+ years of professional development experience
* Strong SQL related development experience working within SSMS including the following: o Performance tuning experience on stored procedures/functions and indexing tables o Experience building and maintaining SQL Server Agent Jobs
* Database design from logical mapping to building tables, views, stored procedures and functions
* Exceptional ability to transform complex product requirements into well architected solutions
* A real passion for clean/clear code, standard practices and building well-performing software with a customer-first mentality.
* Demonstrable ability to collaborate with and mentor other engineers and
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Transactional/Financial data experience
* Strong proficiency with SaaS/Cloud-based architectures in Azure or other cloud providers
* Dynamic startup experience
* Database Administration experience backing up, restoring and maintaining databases.
What is it like working here?
Our office is based in the Waltham Watch Factory right on the beautiful Charles River. A few employees are also remote and these folks travel to Waltham from time to time (payed for by Ledgex).
As a small growing team, we work very closely with one-another in a relaxed office environment. Engineers/DevOps handle the tech, QA handles the acceptance testing, support folks man the phones and our investment professional team drive the product and vision. We are evolving, so we don't have all the answers or established practices just yet you might find at a large firm.
We have a weekly company standup where our COO/CEO and VP of engineering give company updates and meet later in the week for happy hours and games. Many of us have families back home and life outside of work so we are able to have schedules that offset more in the morning or evening to tailor to our individual needs. We believe to get the best output from employees, the freedom and feeling of ownership is key