Posted about 1 year ago
Products and Technology
Salesforce Engineering powers all application development at Salesforce TMP with leading-edge services, tools, and frameworks. As a writer for our engineering teams, you'll dig deep into the machinery that runs the Salesforce platform, and write documentation that helps our engineers design, build, and deploy new features. You'll write and edit material for high-level overviews, technical specs, and task-based developer guides, working with abstract concepts and forging concrete examples. You'll also contribute to newsletters, blogs, influence internal content strategy, and occasionally write customer-facing documentation.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who wants the big picture but is also curious about how things actually work under the hood at Salesforce. You'll plan and maintain your own backlog of content deliverables, manage stakeholder expectations, and come up with innovative solutions to create and host documentation. You'll work with architects, engineers, data modelers, product owners, and whomever else knows the material. You'll also have the opportunity to drive and influence content strategy and contribute to internal communications at Salesforce.
Our ideal team member
- Understands developers and their pain points/motivations
- Can carve out focused time in a busy day to get work done independently.
- Can dig deep into technology and troubleshoot issues independently.
- Can be persistent and creative in order to get the information needed to get the job done.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field or an English degree
- Excellent English writing skills
- 5-6 years of experience with technical writing and editing, particularly with developer documentation
- Experience working in a large and complicated code base with lots of teams and externalities
- Experience with software development tools and practices (version control, development environments, testing)
- Experience with cloud computing, web services, SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS
- Familiarity with relational databases and related concepts
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Great people and communication skills
- Focus on quality and details
- Strong editing skills
- Strong team player
- Knowledge of DITA and structured authoring is a plus
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.