Posted 11 months ago
This isn't your ordinary Support Engineer role. If you love solving tech problems, enjoy working with all types of customers from around the world (startups to Fortune 500 corporations) and love variety, this job has it all in spades. Atlassian is a rapidly growing software development company, and the Support team is changing its focus to allow it to scale with the business. Atlassian Senior Support Engineers are responsible for improving our customers' experience with our products, through advanced troubleshooting and deep knowledge about our products, enabling our global team of engineers to better help our customers.
On your first day, we'll want you to have:
- 5+ years of work experience in a highly technical environment
- Advanced experience with JVMs, Networks and SQL
- Strong degree of empathy for the customer experience
- Proven ability to deescalate difficult situations with customers, while multi-tasking between tickets and mentoring your team
- Experience providing product training
- Ability to facilitate new processes adoption and change management
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor other support engineers to grow their technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills, possessing the ability to support customers over email, phone or screen-shares
- Exhibit strong team oriented interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interface with a wide variety of people and roles from junior engineers to senior executives
- Ability to successfully manage your time, balancing multiple tasks with varying levels of priority and urgency
Nice to have:
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Knowledge about Atlassian products
- Experience Working as a consultant or professional services
- Global Cloud technologies knowledge (e.g: AWS)
- Experience analyzing network traces using tools
- Experience in application management tool (e.g: Splunk)
More about the role:
- Global technical escalation management, to ensure customer success with Jira and Confluence Cloud products
- Resolve customer issues involving product knowledge, code error diagnosis, debugging, validation, and root cause analysis
- Evaluate active tickets, prioritizing workload, strategic projects, and monitoring queue health
- Build internal relationships with our development and product management teams, to help communicate the needs and urgency of our customers
- Create and curate knowledge-base articles and documentation to help customers self serve
- Provide technical leadership to support engineers by reviewing tickets, identifying trends and defining action plans to improve their skills
- Advocate for our customers, influence product direction through customer feedback
- Improve and streamline internal processes to make our work operationally efficient
More about the team
The Support team is growing by leaps and bounds to keep up with the rapid pace of Atlassian customers, (this is a good problem to have). With this increase, stellar customer service and satisfaction remains our number one goal and supporting that in all ways possible. We continually work on projects and collaborate within our group to streamline processes and make it easier for users to have a great support experience with Atlassian. Our team works hard and pitches in when issues arise, but we never forget to have fun and celebrate our successes. Even when difficult problems arise (of course they always do in Support), we're pretty sure You'll be excited about coming to Atlassian every day to do this job and to work on this team.
To learn more about working with the Support Team at Atlassian, check out our Support Team page!
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and were at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, were advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, were out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, were looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.