Posted about 1 year ago
Atlassian is a terrific place to work. Great products and a fantastic reputation in business and tech have brought in customers globally, including NASA, Sony, and the United Nations. With offices in Sydney, San Francisco, Austin and Amsterdam, we are growing really fast and are full of opportunities!
We're on the lookout for Support Engineers to join our growing team that is serious on pursuing one goal: Making our customers awesome! Are you the go-to person for technical support when nobody else knows what to do? Do you love solving the deepest, gnarliest tech problems out there? Do you have relationships with customers where they ask for you by name? Here at Atlassian, we help teams turn ideas into reality with our world-class collaboration tools.
In this role:
- You will wow our customers and partners by providing quality and timely support
- You will initiate professional written and verbal interactions with your customers detailing out solutions to their needs with calm, empathetic, mature, and solution oriented views
- You are passionate to learn new technologies and are responsible for owning customer issues until resolution
- You are enthusiastic and you put your leadership skills to use by mentoring other support engineers within the team
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- You have over 5 years' of experience in technical support fixing Java/J2EE (or similar) applications
- You posses Tomcat or similar web application experience and general understanding of common development practices (Agile Development, source control, code reviews)
- You have a working knowledge (Distributed) Version Control Systems (Git preferred), experience with SQL databases and Linux
- You are willing to be available for on-call work
It's also great if:
- You have knowledge of continuous integration / continuous delivery concepts and tools and working knowledge of virtualization platforms (Amazon EC2, Docker, etc.).
More about our team
As a Developer Tools Senior Support Engineer at Atlassian, you'll be part of an all-star team responsible for Global Support for Bamboo, Fisheye, Crucible, Sourcetree & Bitbucket. We are not your typical company and this isn't your typical Support job. You won't get frustrated with bureaucracy and slow decision-making, and we encourage creative thinking. We want to know your opinion on everything we do. As part of a Global Support Team, you will be working from our Sydney office with like-minded engineers from other cultures. We offer global opportunities to grow technically and professionally.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and were at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, were advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, were out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, were looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.