Posted 8 months ago
This isn't your ordinary Support Engineer role. If you love solving the deepest and gnarliest tech problems, enjoy working with all types of customers in Japan (startups to global brands), and love variety, this job has it all in spades. Atlassian is a rapidly growing software development company, and the Support team is expanding to allow it to scale with the business. Atlassian Senior Support Engineers are responsible for improving our customers' experience with our products, through advanced troubleshooting and deep knowledge about our products, enabling our global team of engineers to better help our customers.
In this role:
- You will manage technical escalation to ensure customer success with Atlassian products
- You will use professional written and verbal communications to customer base to resolve application issues
- You will resolve customer issues involving code error diagnosis, debugging, validation, and root cause analysis
- You will create and curate of knowledge-base articles and documentation to help customers help themselves
- You will perform case reviews to identify trends and improvement areas and define action plans for support engineers
- You will evaluate active tickets, prioritizing workload, strategic projects, and monitoring queue health
- You will build internal relationships with our development and product management teams to help communicate the needs and urgency of our customers
- Youll be advocate for our customers, influence product direction through customer feedback
- You will develop your team in becoming highly skilled support engineers with subject matter expertise in all types of technologies across the Atlassian stack.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 5+ years experience in a highly technical support role, preferably in a software environment with Java/J2EE troubleshooting experience
- Experience and/or familiarity with JVMs
- In-depth knowledge of OS (e.g. Windows and/or Linux), DBMS (e.g., Oracle, SQL Server or Postgres) and application servers (Tomcat, Apache, IIS, NGINX etc.)
- Advanced Knowledge of basic network functions, standards, and protocols (e.g. proxies, SSL, load balancers, LDAP)
- Strong degree of empathy for the customer experience
- Proven ability to deescalate difficult situations with customers, while multi-tasking between tickets and mentoring your team
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor other support engineers to grow their technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills, possessing the ability to support customers over email, phone or screen-shares
- Ability to successfully manage your time, balancing multiple tasks with varying levels of priority and urgency
- Japanese communication skills - fluent/business level
- English communication skills - business level, TOEIC 860+ or equivalent
It's great, but not required if:
- Experience using and/or administrating Jira or Confluence
- Experience with any of the following AWS, Docker, VMware
- B.S. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
More about our team
You'll be working with different customers every single day, not to mention collaborating with teams, both across the office and the globe. You'll be part of an all-star team responsible for our legendary support team for Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket. You'll touch brightest and newest technologies though global SaaS platforms.
Atlassian Japan is unique. As Japan Support, you'll be providing technical support in Japanese. As part of local support team, you'll also engage in localization works hugely and working on local-specific issues. We highly focus on customer success in Japan.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and were at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, were advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, were out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, were looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.