Posted over 1 year ago
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Proofpoint is looking for a Software Engineer to work out of its Toronto office. Proofpoint Email Archiving is a Software as a Service solution that features a distributed grid search and storage infrastructure. This service-based architecture allows us to scale to meet the needs of hundreds of clients that are among the largest businesses in the world.
We are looking for a software engineer to join this leading edge team, to extend and enhance the wide range of services provided by our service infrastructure. You will be a key player in a small team developing enhancements to the archiving product in all areas including web services, application functionality, data management framework and tools
What you bring to the team
- With Product Management, define and refine the requirements of new features and redesign of existing features by the creation of use cases
- Producing innovative and easy-to-use design solutions that address complex concepts and workflows for various features in the archiving system
- Help to troubleshoot and resolve difficult production problems that can affect out various customers across multiple data centers in multiple different geographies
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary product teams to ensure design meets user needs, product requirements, and technical constraints while ensuring timely delivery of product efforts
- Contribute to and lead the development of various style guides and user experience pattern libraries
What make you different from others
- Experienced building core enterprise products/solutions
- Design and development skills in Java
- Strong analytics background with experience working with different search engines like Lucene
- Experienced of advanced OO concepts/methodologies
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Flexibility to change approaches and projects when needed
- Previous experience creating security, email, archiving, eDiscovery, and/or storage products is a plus
- Experience with Database programming (MySQL a strong plus)
- Experience with distributed systems
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Experience with development using Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) and EWS
- Experience with development using Microsoft Enterprise System such as Active Directory, Exchange Server, Windows Management System, PowerShell, and etc
- Familiar with Microsoft Cloud Solution such as Azure, O365, Remote Powershell, and Active Directory Graph API
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!