Posted over 1 year ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure Support and Operations team is looking for a Senior System and Network Engineer to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will provide essential support for Red Hat's critical IT infrastructure, applications, and core services using modern DevOps and site reliability engineering (SRE) tools and methodologies. You will ensure a continuous and optimized operation and provisioning of IT systems and network infrastructure, virtualization, public and private cloud, Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), authentication and authorization, data storage, enterprise systems management, and monitoring. As a Senior System and Network Engineer, you will respond to and resolve incidents and alerts, fulfill service and change request tickets, and assist in process improvement, documentation, and automation.
- Collaborate daily with globally distributed team members and other engineering and development teams to troubleshoot and resolve incidents and service requests
- Follow company policies and processes while completing technical tasks and implementing technical solutions
- Provide an on-call coverage during working hours as part of a rotation, as well as periodic rostered and planned on-call support on weekends
- Identify, document, and assist in the automation of operational support procedures and processes
- Advance innovation through the use of Red Hat’s technologies that are new or still in the product development pipeline
- Participate in a 24/7 follow-the-sun global support model around deployment, maintenance, monitoring, response, and capacity planning for business-critical systems and infrastructure
- Travel when necessary to another Red Hat’s offices for assigned work, meetings, or training
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of experience with Linux and Unix system or network administration, supporting production systems in an enterprise environment
- Expertise across key systems and network administration areas like operating systems, virtualization, system and configuration management and orchestration, source code management, network equipment, appliances and protocols, Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and containers, Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and cloud platforms, enterprise monitoring, IT operations analytics, and enterprise storage solutions
- High level of ethics and computer security practices skills, given that at this position, you may handle confidential company data
- Ability to work on your own and balance competing priorities
- Positive approach toward customers; ability to cooperate and communicate well within the global team
- Significant experience developing scripts and automating tasks with shell and scripting languages
- Familiarity with IT service management (ITSM) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) methodologies, including configuration management database (CMDB) and incident, problem, and change management
The following skills are considered a plus:
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)-level skills
- Experience in an SRE role
- Software development experience with Python or Ruby
- Experience with Puppet, Juniper, Cisco, F5, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Compute Engine (GCE), Splunk, ELK and EFK open source projects, NetApp, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Red Hat Satellite, Red Hat CloudForms, Red Hat OpenStack Platform, Red Hat OpenShift, Red Hat Ansible Automation, Red Hat Storage, and Red Hat Virtualization technologies
- Demonstrated experience participating in projects or coordinating project efforts in a globally distributed team
- Previous contributions to open source community projects
- Experience with continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) processes and tools
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.