Posted about 1 year ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Global Support Services team is looking for an experienced support engineer to become a Senior Technical Account Manager for our enterprise customers and join us in Paris, France. In this role, you'll provide personalized, proactive support and guidance, cultivating meaningful relationships with our customers as you seek to understand their IT infrastructure, internal processes, and business needs. You will advocate on behalf of our customers, tailor support for their environments, and facilitate collaboration with their other vendors. You'll work closely with our Engineering, Research and Development (R&D), Product Management, and Global Support teams to debug, test, and resolve issues. As a Technical Account Manager, you will get to work with technical account management, a premium support offering that builds, maintains, and grows long-lasting loyalty between Red Hat and our customers. At Red Hat, we don't sell software licenses or pay-per-incident support; instead, our customers get industry-leading resources that enable their technical environments run efficiently so that they can focus on growing their businesses.
- Perform technical reviews and share knowledge to proactively identify and prevent issues
- Understand the technical infrastructure, hardware, processes, and offerings of our customers
- Perform initial or secondary investigations and respond to online and phone support requests
- Deliver key portfolio updates and assist customers with upgrades of offerings
- Manage customer cases and maintain clear and concise case documentation
- Create customer engagement plans and keep the documentation on customer environments updated
- Ensure high level of customer satisfaction with each qualified engagement through the complete adoption life cycle of an offering
- Engage with Red Hat’s field teams, customers, and partners to ensure a positive cloud technology experience and a successful outcome resulting in a long-term enterprise success
- Communicate how specific Red Hat’s cloud solutions and our cloud roadmaps align to customer use cases
- Capture Red Hat’s offering capabilities and identify gaps related to customer use cases through a closed-loop process for each step of an engagement life cycle
- Engage with Red Hat’s product engineering teams to help develop solution patterns that guide platform adoption using your personal experience and the knowledge you gained from customer engagements
- Establish and maintain consistency with Red Hat’s cloud technologies strategy
- Contribute internally to the Red Hat team, share knowledge and best practices with team members, contribute to internal projects and initiatives, and serve as a subject matter expert and mentor for specific technical or process areas
- Travel, as necessary, to visit customers, partners, conferences, and other events
- 5+ years of Linux system administration experience
- Advanced technical knowledge of Red Hat OpenStack Platform and it's components
- Experience working as part of a support, development, engineering, or quality assurance (QA) team
- Ability to manage and grow existing enterprise customer relationships by delivering proactive, relationship-based support
- Advanced technical knowledge of the Linux file system and the Linux kernel
- Practical experience with a variety of hardware vendors
- Understanding of enterprise-class applications like Oracle, Veritas, and SAP
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
The following skills are considered a plus:
- Bachelor's degree in a technology-related discipline
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification
- Experience with training and presentation delivery
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.