Posted about 1 year ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Customer Content Services team is looking for a Senior Technical Writer to join our Red Hat Product Documentation team in Westford, MA. The position is for a technical writer, but you will work on far more than documentation. In this role, you will join a team that promotes customer loyalty and success through content development and delivery. You will create and be responsible for the user documentation and premium content that accompany Red Hat’s offerings, which will be made available online through Red Hat’s customer portal. You’ll work closely with developers, engineers, and other subject matter experts to create content that helps our customers successfully use our offerings and solutions.
- Work closely with content strategists, documentation program managers, engineering project teams, support teams, and other stakeholders to create and maintain high-quality cross-offering documentation for Red Hat’s cloud platform cross-product offerings
- Effectively manage documentation projects and deliver customer-focused documentation
- Keep up to date on changes of our offerings, customer use cases, and support issues
- Master the use of our internal documentation toolchain, including the publishing platform and issue-tracking tools
- Maintain source control repositories and manage testing, building, and deployment software
- Work closely with Engineering teams to develop working code examples
- Contribute to both upstream documentation and software projects
- Participate in customer feedback programs to ensure customer relevancy of our content
- Devote time to research and understanding of the offering as well as related trends and topics in microservices
- Experience with information architecture or 5+ years of enterprise-level technical writing experience
- Familiarity with Red Hat’s and related industry offerings
- Experience with software development
- Familiarity with version control systems
- Experience and comfort with Git is a plus
- Ability to collaborate in a global team environment, proactively engage subject matter experts, and follow through on commitments
- Working knowledge of and experience with operating a Linux environment using the command line
- Experience with agile and comfort with rapid iteration and fast delivery
- Experience with modular and topic-based documentation
- Ability to read, write, and compile technical documents, including feature descriptions, customer use cases, and release notes using industry best practices
- Experience writing clear and concise procedural documentation for a technical audience
- Ability to participate in cross-team collaboration and experience with solution-based documentation is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.