This position is located in Baltimore MD, Los Altos CA, Belfast Ireland, or remote. We will need significant overlap with the US Eastern time zone.
At Contrast, we make application security smart and simple for software teams. But simple is not easy, and the struggle is real. We are looking for a senior UX designer to help us learn more about our users and cover emerging areas in our products that need to drive greater consistency across the user experience. Systems thinkers will love this chance to straighten crooked paths, define our platform, and establish the norm for integrations workflow.
What we need
We’re looking for an experienced UX designer who can cover a spectrum of needs and deliverables, including user research, concepts, prototypes, wireframes, and usability testing. We look for passion, attention to detail, a willingness to take initiative, an enthusiastic team-spirit, and a collaborative attitude. A little humor helps, too. We’re especially interested if you love rich data and telling compelling stories with it.
What you’ll do
- Participate and lead design research efforts to understand problems or surface opportunities for intended audiences. Translate insights into action.
- Model the user experience from rough to refined, using sketches, flows, concepts, prototypes, and annotated wireframes. Participate in story-mapping and defining or grooming user stories
- Seek internal and external design reviews to refine your thinking.
- Create, run, and analyze usability tests on the existing product or high-fidelity designs and prototypes
- Always collaborate. You know how to work well with UX, Agile development teams, customer support, and product managers.
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years of UX design experience that includes enterprise products and a lead role. Brand or consumer product design alone is not sufficient.
- Solid experience in methods for user research, design thinking, and UX design
- Strong storytelling skills. You can clearly present your point-of-view to your teams and other stakeholders.
- Expertise with design tools to visualize your work, including InVision, Sketch, and Abstract.
- Sketching or drawing ability to quickly communicate ideas
- Attention to detail and well-developed problem-solving skills
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates design thinking in action. Please include access to this in your application.
- BS/BA in art, design, human computer interaction (HCI), information science, or related field
- Quantitative research experience, including user analytics in Pendo or similar products and survey methods.
- Experience designing enterprise software products with a wide range of integrations
- Familiar with design systems or pattern libraries in your workflow
By submitting your application, you are providing Personally Identifiable Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, references, or other employment-related information) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, and/ or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and locations.
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) will go into effect on January 1, 2020. Under CCPA, businesses must be overtly transparent about the personal information they collect, use, and store on California residents. CCPA also gives employees, applicants, independent contractors, emergency contacts and dependents (“CA Employee”) new rights to privacy.
In connection with your role here at Contrast, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to, or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect, use or store include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, demographic information, and other electronic network activity information by way of mobile device management on your Contrast-issued equipment. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information (the majority of which is provided by you) about you for human resources and other business-driven purposes, including evaluating your performance here at Contrast, evaluating you as a candidate for promotion within Contrast, managing compensation (including payroll and benefits), record keeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting background checks as permitted by law, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements for Contrast. We collect, use and store the minimal amount of information possible
We also collect Personal Information in connection with your application for benefits. In addition to the above, Personal Information also identifies those on behalf of whom you apply for benefits. During your application for benefits, the categories of Personal Information that we collect include name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, emergency contact information, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information for administering the benefits for which you are applying and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Contrast policies.
As a California resident, you are entitled to certain rights under CCPA:
-You have the right to know what personal information we have collected from you as a California employee;
-You have the right to know what personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom. That said, we do not sell your information, We do, however, disclose information to third parties in connection with the management of payroll, employee benefits, etc. to fulfill our obligations to you as an employee of Contrast. each of those third parties have been served with a Notice to Comply with CCPA or have entered into a CCPA Addendum with Contrast which includes them from selling your information.
-You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. Again, we do not sell it but you might want to be aware of that as a "consumer" in California with respect to other businesses' and
-The right to be free from retaliation for exercising any rights
If you have any questions, please let us know!