Posted about 1 year ago
Current is the first streaming platform that pays you, not the other way around. We provide free access to over 100,000 music stations and reward our users for time spent listening. We are working on a more equitable business model that aligns interests and rewards listeners while also providing more value to advertisers. Throughout the streaming experience, users can opt-in to complete offers, share information, and engage with sponsored content to earn up to $600 per year.
Please check out our Company Profile for more info.
The Design Team
Our mission is to allow people throughout the world to turn data into dollars. Current’s Designers work closely with Product Managers and Engineers to understand where the product needs to go, and then create functional and clear designs that can be built & shipped quickly!
We use Sketch, Zeplin, and Overflow to create & manage our designs.
You'll be joining as our second full-time designer, on a total engineering/product/design/QA team of 19 people. We operate in cross-functional product teams, each focused on an area of the product.
As a member of our Design team, you'll find yourself...
- gaining a deep understanding of our users' needs, and finding the simplest, most elegant way to solve for them.
- focusing on wireframes first, to ensure the solution works before investing in high-fidelity.
- testing your designs with users, and finding fast ways to (in)validate your work.
- working closely with the Engineering team to explain your logic and ensure alignment.
- maintaining and improving the app map/flow, and other documentation, or ensure the whole team understands how the product works.
We are looking for a senior-level UX designer to join the team. We offer a generous salary based on experience and location, which could be anywhere from $50,000 to $90,000 per year.
We'd love to talk with you if…
- the work sounds exciting!
- you have plenty of experience designing consumer products for Android, and have a strong familiarity with Material Design.
- you enjoy being wrong, and don't take yourself too seriously.
- you are excited to deliver functional, pragmatic, and clean designs at a fast pace.
- you prefer to focus on wireframes over high-fidelity UI.
- you’re a clear, empathetic communicator.
- you love to understand the entire system of the product.
- you are have reliable methods to test your work quickly.