Posted about 2 months ago
FlowPress works with large corporate clients to manage their WordPress based infrastructure and we’re looking for a new Senior Developer to join our growing team.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to combine your natural creativity, leadership and problem solving skills with your love of clean code and WordPress, then this might be the position for you.
- Code isn’t just poetry, it’s love
- You love GIT (when you fork, it’s not just food)
- You’ve worked with teams in a scrum or agile environment
- You love clean, standardized code
- You understand the need for highly performant websites and what to measure.
Code & Tools
- You tinker with build systems like Gulp, Grunt and generally love automation
- You understand deployment processes and automated integration tests. It's possibly you've had some experience with tools such as Strider-CD, CircleCI, or Jenkins
- You have the urge to convert CSS to SASS.
- You’ve worked with various APIs to send data back and forth between multiple services.
- You have an understanding of how modular development works
- You have at least 5 years of experience within the WordPress world.
- You use filters and hooks to manipulate WordPress and don’t mix logic with templates unnecessarily.
- You're an enqueue'ing ninja and know how to properly register and enqueue assets within your plugins and themes.
- You've written plugins, and you practice DRY (don't repeat yourself) and KISS (keep it simple, stupid).
- You’ve looked into WordPress Core and have a solid understanding of how the stack functions.
- You are confident that when you see a WSOD (white screen of death) you know where to start debugging.
- You’ve dealt with WordPress websites that don’t perform up to par and crash servers under heavy load.
- You know what it means to profile a PHP app
- You're familiar with WordPress the database structure and could update a post and its metadata without the UI.
- You have an understanding of how page builders work and have built custom drag and drop modules to work with tools like Beaver Builder.
- You have experience working with building custom Gutenberg modules.
- You don’t mind communicating with clients and are willing to work directly with them if necessary.
- You have a good understanding of user experience both on the front end and back end
Position type: Full Time Remote
Salary Range: $70,000 to $90,000 CDN plus extended health/dental, annual bonus, cell phone and home internet allowance and other benefits.
If you think you might be a fit, please send your resume and/or a link to your GIT repository along with a brief cover letter or email to email@example.com