Posted 5 months ago
Job CategoryProducts and Technology
The Service Management Tools team is seeking a talented and experienced software engineer to expand and improve our tooling solutions for Global Service Management organization. We automate the majority of the routine, run-the-business work, and use data science and machine learning for intelligent decision-making.
You are a passionate software engineer who has experience designing, developing, debugging, and operating software services. You have designed and built services with observability of key performance indicators and differentiated metrics. Building reliable, self-healing services on unreliable hardware excites you, and your code is the infrastructure. You have experience balancing feature delivery, service ownership and retirement of technical debt. You commit to your customers' success by owning delivery of your functionality end-to-end; all the way from design, through development, validation, deployment, and last but not least, support in production. Your success encompasses the full delivery cycle. You actively contribute to the agile process and the way we deliver. You improve the team's code quality through coding standard, best practices, and insightful code reviews. Your input helps shape our team.
- Ability to work across multiple programming languages and adapt to the choices depending on project needs and problem domains
- Demonstrated knowledge of GitHub
- Experience with REST, gRPC, or other API technologies
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design, loose-coupling, software design patterns and the use of software interfaces as layers of abstraction
- Experience ensuring code quality by rigorous code analysis, code review, and test automation
- Experience using and developing tools for automation, comprehensive metrics, and data analysis
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience using and configuring continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences or related disciplines
- 4+ years of industry software development experiences
- Strong understanding of data structures, data modelling, and the space- and time-complexity of algorithms
- Experience with Agile development processes, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Strong planning, organization, and work managements skills
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Professional track record of being a top performer in current and past roles
- Experience with data science and machine learning
- Experience building applications on public or private cloud environments such as AWS and GCP
- Experience developing on the Force.com platform including Apex and VisualForce
- Understanding of infrastructure at cloud scale, including highly available and redundant systems.
- Experience using container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Understanding of Linux, networking, TCP/IP, DNS, encryption, digital certificates
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.