Posted 9 months ago
Love coordinating and creating dynamic editorial content? We’re looking for you!
Endgame360 is dedicated to providing audiences the information they want in an approachable, entertaining way. We want readers to save time and live more, so we closely follow, research, and write about trending and popular topics to bring you the most up-to-date news on all of our sites. This could include entertainment coverage on Showbiz Cheat Sheet, sports analysis on Sportscasting, or consumer tips for car enthusiasts on MotorBiscuit. (This particular posting will be focused around Entertainment content.)
Endgame360 is looking for a full-time Freelance Coordinator to organize and execute our production that happens outside of our editorial team. This role reports to the Director of Production Operations and is responsible for executing on the freelance team’s mission and goals. This person needs to be ambitious, flexible, and eager to learn and grow as a vital part of our editorial team.
As a Freelance Coordinator you will:
- Report to the Director of Production Operations and be an active participant in a complex and dynamic editorial process.
- Be part of a team that’s responsible for a PV target goal that a group of freelancers will provide with their work.
- Create at least 35 interesting and unique headlines weekly.
- Provide feedback to freelancers on their work for adhering to our sites’ style and best practices. Execute on the freelance team’s goals for publishing a set amount of articles per week.
- Study and internalize the best practices for interacting with freelancers to ensure compliance with all regulations.
- Participate in evaluating the ongoing success of freelancer work from all aspects, including programmed headlines, overall PVs, and audience engagement.
- Take ownership of the daily workflow for publishing freelancer work as assigned by the Director of Production Operations: Reviewing pitches using our in-house tools, formatting completed works in WordPress, adding media, and lightly editing work as necessary.
- Serve as a gatekeeper for publishing all freelance work, which to start will be 14 articles/day.
What makes the EndGame360 network great?
- We are a recognized digital media leader with more than 35 million monthly readers across multiple sites.
- We are a tightly knit team that is passionate about the overall product and strives to be an expert in the field. We have a collaborative culture driven by mutual respect that fosters regular feedback and group discussion.
- We are an exciting, rapidly growing company and we want you to grow with us. At Showbiz Cheat Sheet, your career is what you make of it.
- Work from home, a coffee shop, or anywhere of your choosing. We have a distributed workforce, which means that you can live wherever you want and work with brilliant colleagues from around the country.
- We offer competitive salaries, health, dental & vision insurance, and 401k contributions.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- A four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with editing written content providing feedback to writers about their work.
- A drive to reach audiences with engaging and well-researched headlines.
- Experience with content management and content planning.
- An understanding of the digital media business and industry.
- Experience with Google Analytics or other content analytics tools, particularly to make data-based decisions about which content and writers are effective.
- Familiarity with AP style.
- Strong research skills.
- A background in and passion for content creation and editing.
- Familiarity with WordPress or another CMS.
- A desire to learn about SEO.
- The ability to work closely with a team of remote employees.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to the varying and ever-changing demands of the job.
Location: US Locations Only