The Sitecore Solution Architect is responsible for translating business requirements into well-architected solutions, leading technical design sessions, architecting and documenting technical solutions that are aligned with business objectives. This individual will manage the technical delivery of custom development, integrations, and data migration elements of the Sitecore web content management (WCM) platform. The Sitecore Solution Architect is an advocate for new features and functionality as they are released and acting as the subject matter expert related to the Sitecore platform.
The Sitecore Solution Architect works closely with external development partners and inter-company partners to communicate requirements, ensure proper development standards are followed and conducts code reviews for ongoing projects to ensure that code quality is at the highest level possible.
The Sitecore Solution Architect is accountable for the entire website platform from an architectural perspective. The Sitecore Solution Architect also provides hands-on, expert-level technical assistance to developers, assists with building out DevOps systems and release process qualifications, deploys content to production and troubleshoots technical issues with back-end services and databases.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assess and troubleshoot technical issues across the entire website environment and ensure smooth deploys of content to Production (30%)
- Manage the technical delivery of custom development, integrations, and data migration elements of the company’s Web Content Management (WCM) solution (30%)
- Direct, review and QA projects with external development partners to ensure proper development standards are followed, and conduct code reviews for ongoing projects to ensure that code quality is at the highest level possible (15%)
- Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions, lead technical design sessions, architect and document technical solutions that are aligned with business objectives (15%)
- Provide hands-on, expert-level technical assistance to developers, assist with building out our DevOps systems and release process qualifications (10%)
- Willingness and ability to travel on-site to North Andover early on to “ramp-up.” After introduction phase, transitioning to travel once per quarter
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field is a plus
This position has no direct reports
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Experience managing, troubleshooting, and optimizing Sitecore on Azure PaaS (required
- Sitecore Certified Developer Certification required
- Experience with external DAM integrations (required)
- Experience working with and optimizing Solr (required)
- Experience with PIM integrations, and on a multi-language, multi-CD instance (preferred)
- Experience managing external vendors and QA’ing code from other sources
- Minimum of 5 years of Sitecore platform experience (7+ years preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of .NET experience
- Familiarity with agile software delivery methodologies such as Scrum
- Experience using Sitecore personalization features (preferred)
- Experience using xDB, FXM, Custom Pipelines, Sitecore MVC, etc
- Broad understanding of marketing technologies, Marketo and Salesforce.com experience a plus
- Proven ability to design and optimize business processes and integrate processes across disparate systems
- Strong understanding, perspective on codebase management, continuous integration, and organization
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work in office environment or Work in a manufacturing environment
- May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the typical office setting.
- May require travel
*As required by the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA)
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
1. Collaborate Across Workgroup
2. Initiate Positive Change
3. Deliver High Quality Results
4. Focus on the Customer
5. Develops Self & Others
By linking this application to your LinkedIn profile, you agree that you consent to Watts and any of its affiliates, divisions, and/or third party service providers accessing and using the information on your LinkedIn profile for the purposes of assessing your application.
Watts is committed to equal employment opportunity. We follow a policy of administering all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, military or veteran status, minorities, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the obligations of state and federal law, Watts will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Any employee who needs a reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources.