Posted 2 months ago
Social Media Manager
Duration: 12 Months (Temp-hire/position will be becoming permanent)
Work Location: Virtual/Remote
Business: Brand new venture & concept, pet insurance business
We are looking for a talented Social Media Manager to administer our social media accounts. You will be responsible for creating original text and video content, managing posts and responding to followers. You will manage company’s image in a cohesive way to achieve our marketing goals.
As a Social media manager, we expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our company’s views creatively.
Ultimately, you should be able to handle our social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement.
Social Media Manager Job Description
- The Social Media Manager will administer company’s business social media marketing and advertising. Key oversight into setting and managing the following:
- Deliberate planning, strategy and goal setting
- Development of brand awareness and online reputation
- Content management (including website)
- SEO (search engine optimization) and generation of inbound traffic
- Cultivation of leads and sales
- Reputation management
The Social Media Manager is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future customers. That passion comes through as she/he engages with customers on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of:
- Turning fans into customers.
- Turning customers into advocates.
- Community leadership and participation (both online and offline) are integral to a Social Media Manager’s success.
- An essential component is communicating company’s brand in a positive, authentic way what will attract today’s modern, hyper-connected buyers.
Content management duties include:
- Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content (for all channels and ads)
- Oversee creative agency’s content development and strategy to ensure alignment with company’s brand.
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout)
- Identify and improve organizational development aspects that would improve content (ie: company’s recognition and rewards for participation in company’s marketing and online review building strategies).
- Create a regular publishing schedule and promote content through social advertising.
- Leverage the right tools and utilizing Salesforce Marketing Cloud’s Social Studio to manage content.
- Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns.
- Integrate all channels of marketing (social media, SEO, content marketing, video, email, print and digital marketing)
- Manage or oversee all social advertising campaigns for direct to consumer channels and partner channels (display and video).
- Manage review website publications and referral partner partnerships.
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews.
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
Job Skills and Requirements
Writing: Social media manager will need to know how to write effective copy in a lot of different styles, for websites, twitter, Facebook, etc. Knowledge of writing for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is also needed.
Research: Social media manager needs to know what is happening in the fast-changing world of social and digital media, what competitors are doing and what new measurement tools are being use.
Problem-Solving: Social media manager figures out how to best communicate company’s message on different platforms, and sometimes might need to convey sensitive issues or deal with angry customers.
Organization: There are many different platforms (Trust Pilot, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram) and new ones are being developed all the time. How you communicate on each, determining audience, and measuring tactics all take organization.
Digital Tracking Tool: Social media manager must understand Salesforce Marketing Cloud’s Social Studio Tracking tool.
Interpersonal Skills: Even through writing, social media managers are a direct connection between company and the public. Being friendly and approachable online will help.
Technical Skills: Social media managers work almost exclusively through computers. Understanding computers, SEO, internet access and being tech savvy is necessary.
- Collaborate with other teams, like marketing, sales and customer service to ensure brand consistency
Minimum Work Experience Required:
- 3-5 years in social media marketing
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Social Studio automation
Minimum Education Required:
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience