Posted 3 months ago
Software Application Support Developer
Virtual – USA
Managed Business Solutions is seeking a Software Application Support Developer to provide operations and maintenance support for enterprise application solutions. The Software Applications Support Developer will perform troubleshooting, root cause analysis, code fixes, and software enhancements for existing production applications. This is a telecommuting (virtual) role.
- Front-end and mid-tier focus along with server-side development in combination of new builds and legacy applications
- Perform server-side development using, .Net, .Net Core
- Utilize ORMs such as Entity Framework (code-first),
- Utilize relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, etc.) on back-end
- Implement user interfaces using good usability and user experience practices
- Troubleshoot system performance and resolving complex technology issues
- Implement technical improvements, knowledge, and process improvements through trend and root cause analysis
- Manage application availability, reliability, serviceability and maintainability
- Ensure compliance to audit and security standards and guidelines
- Review documentation for accuracy and completeness, and updating documentation for any needed changes, additions or deletions.
- Participate in requirements definition to ensure development team has all necessary information
- Participate in an Agile project team (and help provide input on planning)
- Support multiple project/client needs as needed to stay aware of team needs, upcoming schedules, long-term support and new build processes in support of our federal, state government and commercial clients
- Suggest and explore new tools to improve processes
- Experience working in an Agile Environment
- 3 to 5 years in software development/software maintenance with focus on front-end development with mix of mid-tier applications
- Experience using C#, ASP.Net within MVC framework, Entity Framework
- Working knowledge of version control and Continuous Integration within (Git, TFS, Jenkins).
- Implement provided UX designs
- Must work well in a collaborative team environment and be flexible as workloads and priorities change
- Must be self-aware, motivated, and capable of working remotely, able to define and solve problems
- Must excel at communication, both face-to-face and electronic
- Should have a growth mindset to approach new technologies and new customer needs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Understanding of GIS, ESRI
- Understanding of Cloud development (Azure, AWS)
- Understanding of 508 compliance, WCAG 1.0-2.0, etc.
- Awareness of SQL Reporting Services (SSRS), Business Intelligence concepts
- Experience developing web sites for mobile devices and using various mobile frameworks
Environment (Working conditions, physical requirements):
- This position will require moving of up to 10 lbs. This position will be mostly stationary requiring some movement around the office and frequent communication with others. The average working hours will be 8 hours per day for this position with occasional need to exceed.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- EOE M/F/D/V/SO