Posted about 1 year ago
Oracle Cloud is a strategic growth area for Oracle. It is a comprehensive cloud services offering in the enterprise software industry, spanning Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS).
Oracle PaaS is a key part of Oracle's Cloud strategy and our suite of PaaS services are differentiated in the industry because it is comprehensive and integrated with our IaaS and SaaS portfolio of products. This PaaS products are responsible for helping our customer ecosystem of product and solution developers, data scientists, analysts and business owners across Line of Business and IT organizations to build data driven applications for their respective application verticals.
Oracle Data Migration Service (DMS) and Oracle Data Integration Service (DIS) are new cloud services for supporting migration, and data management needs. DMS is focused on helping customers to migrate on premise or remote cloud Databases to OCI-native Databases such as Autonomous Database and DBaaS to simplify, be cost effective and reduce the operational challenges that come with managing mission critical databases. On the other hand, DIS is focussed to efficiently ingest, cleanse, transform, shape, and load data as well as provide data lifecycle management for associated data management needs.
Some of the main Objectives of these DI services are:
Efficiently load and transform data into a data warehouse - ADW Efficiently load and transform data into an OCI data lake Provide an intuitive design environment to create data flows Provide advanced orchestration to support end to end data warehouse and data lake loading Seamless integration with Autonomous databases, Object Storage and Oracle Data Catalog Utilize serverless compute for data transformations Data movement in both batch and real-time change data capture
The primary focus for the Database Migration Service it to help the customers to re-platform on premise or external cloud DBs into OCI (ATP, ADW, DBaaS or Oracle). This service is a self-service experience to achieve offline (batch mode), online (real-time) migrations, schema conversion to help customers migrate db objects including schemas, tables. Data integration as part of a cloud platform is an evolving market, and some of the use-cases we would be solving are Loading of Data warehouse, loading of data Lake and core service capabilities like Orchestration, bulk data movement.
We are looking for a strong technical leader who thrives on research and development projects. In this role, you will be responsible for the design and development of Oracle Data Integration Service and Oracle Data Migration cloud services. Oracle is a market leader in the data integration space and we are aggressively investing in the next generation data integration application and services to cater to volume and scale of the current and future generation. Your technical skills will be very critical to drive the product development work. You will be involved in competitive analysis discussions; market segment understanding and will be encouraged to provide thought leadership to drive the next generation products and architecture.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a strong technical leader who thrives on research and development projects. We want you to be a strong technical leader who is comfortable being hands-on. We want you to work with the development team and work efficiently with other product groups that can sometimes be remote in different geographies. You should be comfortable working with product management shaping the future roadmap. You should also be comfortable working with senior architects and engineering leaders to make sure we are building the right product and services using the right design principles.
As an integral part of the OCI development team you will be responsible for the following -
- Help drive the next generation Data Integration and Data migration services using Oracle standard tools, technology and development practices
- Working directly with architects to ensure newer capabilities are built applying right design principles
- Working with remote and geographically distributed teams to enable building the right products, using the right building blocks and making them consumable by other products easily
- Working directly with product management and shaping the roadmap
- Be very hands-on and own/drive key end to end product/services
- Ensure customer success including delivering fixes/patches as needed
Detailed Description and Job Requirements:
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related fields.
- Excellent coding and design skills in Java and related technologies
- Prior experience building cloud services
- Familiar with Java open-source and API standard.
- Prior experience in leading technical teams
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies in a dynamic environment.
- Good organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with Agile process will be an added advantage
- 15+ years in software development including 5+ years in the Data integration domain.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.