Using your knowledge of application development and quality assurance, you are a critical part of Bevy engineering and contribute directly you’ll contribute directly to the quality of the Bevy community management platform that serves millions of event attendees and community managers each day. You’ll work within our team to keep Bevy the market leader in community software through ever-improving quality assurance processes.
Bevy is an early-stage startup with a mission to help brands build strong global communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an Enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, Duolingo, Ebay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack and many more. In April 2019, Bevy acquired CMX which is the world’s largest network of community professionals. CMX offers world-class training, events and research.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Take ownership of QA processes to help improve quality of Bevy software offerings
- Build and maintain test plans
- Perform exploratory testing
- Work with various stakeholders to understand quality requirements at different stages of the product development process
- Support introduction of new types of testing
- Educate colleagues on quality assurance best practices.
You Might Be a Good Fit for This Role If
- You have a track record of successfully improving the quality of software solutions and have a demonstrated knack of probing for edge cases and proactively striving to discover breaking behavior in software applications
- You ask probing questions about software and don’t give up easily.
- You thrive on working within diverse teams.
- You reside in North or South America. Yes, we are a distributed company, but since we are still small, we like to minimize the time zone spread within the team.
- You are an excellent communicator. In our small team, English is the official language. You need to be able to articulate complex ideas efficiently and effectively. When people do not share an office, it is essential to pay extra attention to communication & speak up.
About the Bevy Engineering Team
The Bevy Engineering Team is currently a mix of engineers from across North America, united by our shared purpose of bringing people together in real life. For some of us, Bevy is our first job out of bootcamp, or university. For others, it’s not our first startup - some of us have founded startups before, or worked at startups with successful exits. Some of us run or participate in our own community events as well. We’ve grown together with Bevy as it has scaled from our first few customers to those we have today. We care a great deal about the right balance of startup scrappiness and reliable, auditable code. We share our learnings liberally. We’re excited by the challenges to come as Bevy scales to its next thousand customers. Will you join us on our journey?
We are a small but powerful team, dedicated to achieving our mission to bring more community to the world. Many of us have worked in community positions before and understand the struggles and peaks that come with the role. Our team communicates candidly, giving feedback early and often. We set ambitious goals, and do what it takes to achieve them, while making sure that we take care of our own personal health and mental wellbeing. We’ll want you to be ready to take on a lot of responsibility with guidance and mentorship along the way. We work to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the communities we serve.
Principals only please.