Posted 10 months ago
Looking for a New Challenge?
Want to work for a Growing Business?
Do you have the Experience and Knowledge we are looking for?
Your Role and Responsibilities:
* Manage deadlines that are set by Chief Technology Officer.
* Monitoring of systems and alerts to identify significant trends and issues
* Bring new ideas and best practice on the design, architectural and software development of the service.
* Inspire, mentor and encourage colleagues to apply intelligently customised industry best practice.
* Reviews designs, and software written by other developers for quality, best practice and architectural integrity.
* Play a large part in the Continuous Integration Environment
* Plan & build architecture to cater for growth
* Help develop the team to refactor legacy code in more modern patterns
* Participate in Scrum meetings and lab calls
* Ability to write clear and concise system architectural documentation and summary diagrams
* Develop, communicate and maintain a road map of the architectural developments
* Monitor and review product and technology developments in the industry and present new ideas to BigChange
* Liaise and communicate to other departments such as Product Development, Testing and Customer-Specific software development teams to add value to their roles.
* Comply with company policies & processes, particularly for quality, data protection, information security & secure systems engineering (supporting the introduction of ISO27001)
* Provide top class service to our customers
* Provide training support to other members of the company and be a brand ambassador to BigChange.
* 10 years + experience in a similar environment (Essential)
* Experience as a software developer (Essential)
* Knowledge and experience of C# & .Net (Essential)
* Knowledge and experience of SQL and NoSql technology (Essential)
* Knowledge and experience in Machine Learning (Desirable)
* Knowledge and experience in Serverless (Essential)
* Experience in SaaS development (Essential)
Your Skills and Interests:
* Technically strong, with recent hands-on experience in one of their core areas of technical delivery
* An ability to advise senior stakeholders, work comfortably without definition and apply a progressive technical approach to any problem
* You’ll show a good understanding of how to put together software
* You’ll be an inquisitive technologist and naturally encourage others to be alike.
* You’ll convey a sense of credibility and trust within the team and BigChange
* You will have exceptional people skills and ability to objection handling where required
* Ability to work individually as well as a team with a adaptable and flexible approach to work
* You will have hands-on experience in System Software Development
* Ability to communicate at all levels both written and verbally
* You will have an organised and proactive approach to work
* Upto £80,000 p/a - depending on experience
* Expenses paid for all overnight stays, subsistence and mileage whilst on business.
* Over 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, plus ‘BigChange Birthday’.
* Pension plan (NEST 3% employer, 3% employee)
* Gym membership assistance £20 gross pay monthly (for 12 months).
* Annual eye test reimbursement
* Free massage in the office
* “Motivational Mondays” – inspiring talks monthly from extraordinary people.
* Local fruit delivered weekly to the office.
* Being part of a supportive team with the ability to learn new skills and grow within the company.
* Experience cutting edge technology and be part of a company that is shaping the future.
Location of work: Office or home-based
Reporting to: Chief Technology Officer