Posted over 1 year ago
Software Engineer, Backend (EMEA)
Although this is a remote position, we are only looking for candidates in European / African timezones between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
At Hotjar we’re on a mission to build the leading user feedback and analytics platform, with our product being used by over 915,000 users in 190 countries. As part of our Engineering team, you'll work on the exciting challenges that come with large-scale web traffic and analytics.
We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment, 100% remotely, and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. Our focus is on true transparency and respect.
We're looking for enthusiastic and resourceful software engineers who are passionate about building great products, someone who loves being part of a team, whilst enjoying the autonomous nature of working remotely.
About the job:
- You'll create production grade Python code and have the opportunity to implement solutions designed to handle incredibly high levels of traffic.
- You’ll need to be process-driven and eager to learn new technologies and programming languages.
- We favour those with a delivery-focused mindset, versus a focus on flawless or over-engineered code.
What we offer
- 3+ years background in benchmarking, optimizing, scaling, and taking care of high levels of traffic.
- Experience using Python and PostgreSQL.
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks such as Selenium.
- Familiarity with distributed revision control systems such as Mercurial or Git.
- Fluent in English with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Will submit to a background check, confidentially processed by our third-party.
- A remote and accomplished diverse and international team.
- An opportunity to positively impact people’s experience online and make the web a better place.
- Annual learning and development budget.
- Several perks designed for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. (Holiday Budget, Wellbeing Allowance, Working Together Budget, 16 weeks paid parental leave, and much more).
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €50,000 to €70,000 annually. Ranges are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within Hotjar. The actual compensation offered will be based on relative experience. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta and Germany (for candidates who don’t require visa sponsorship). All other team members will join as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.