Posted 9 months ago
At Datadog, we’re on a mission to build the best monitoring platform in the world. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies.
Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way. Join us to own significant chunks of our architecture, design and build resilient systems, and ship to production every day for customers who care deeply about what you build.
As a engineer working on our cloud infrastructure systems, you will build the distributed, high-throughput, low-latency platform that powers all of our products, now and in the future. Your platform will support our growing list of products that help companies all over the globe understand and scale their systems and services.
In a typical week, you might:
- Build distributed, high-throughput, cloud infrastructure systems
- Do it in Go and Python, with bits of C or other languages
- Use Kubernetes, Kafka, Redis, Cassandra, Elasticsearch and other open-source components
- Own meaningful parts of our service, have an impact, grow with the company
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience running large-scale systems in production
- You have significant backend programming experience in one or more languages
- You can get down to the low-level when needed
- You care about code simplicity and performance
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
- You wrote your own data pipelines once or twice before (and know what you'd like to change)
- You've built high scale systems with Cassandra, Redis, Kafka or Postgres
- You have significant experience with Go, C, or Python
- You have a strong background in infrastructure, data storage, internal tools, engineering effectiveness, or site reliability
Is this you? Let's chat!