Posted over 1 year ago
Canonical (https://www.canonical.com/careers) | Software Engineer, Commercial Systems | Full-time, Remote, Americas or EMEA preferred
Canonical delivers the market leading operating system in the Cloud - Ubuntu. The commercial systems engineering team supports sales, operations, support and delivery at Canonical with a combination of home-grown systems, existing open-source technologies and off-the shelf SAAS.
As a member of the commercial systems engineering team, you will be tasked with regular software development tasks of designing, coding, reviewing, testing, delivery and maintenance of these software solutions. You will also be asked to provide guidance and consulting on other projects that integrate with these services around the company.
Required Skills and Experience
- Develop services, features, and enhancements, primarily in Python or Go
- Work with the team in an agile manner on design, implementation, testing and code reviews in an iterative manner
- Take ownership of services deployed to production that satisfy diverse interests across our company
- Collaborate with other teams in Canonical to design central APIs that are exposed to dozens of customer facing applications and websites
- Evaluate off-the-shelf software and SAAS products to supplement services developed in house
- Assist in meeting with internal stakeholders to help gather requirements and set priorities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related engineering field
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer in a high-level language
- Proven ability to consistently deliver robust code to production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to collaborate remotely with a diverse set of team members and stakeholders and remain highly motivated, productive, and organized
- Familiarity with Ubuntu as a development and deployment platform
- Experience developing and maintaining a robust and stable API for external consumption
- Experience integrating with authentication systems, ID management systems, public clouds, SalesForce (or other CRMs) a plus
- Experience providing critical and honest evaluation of 3rd party commercial systems software a plus
Travel to international destinations is expected for 1 week at a time approximately 2-4 times per year. Locations in the last year have included New York, Seattle, London, Cape Town, Budapest, Berlin, Montreal, and Brussels.