Posted about 1 year ago
Are you a maker who you loves helping others do their best work? Get on board as a Software Engineer on Jiras Developer Productivity team!
Jira is one of the most popular and powerful development tools for software teams in the world! It is also Atlassian's largest product, with hundreds of engineers working on our cloud offering across the globe.
Youll work as part of a small, high-energy team delivering incredible, creative improvements for our engineering teams. You will collaborate with other developers - your customers - to make tools and systems that are a delight to use and multiply the potential of those around you. You'll also use your analytical skills to make sure we're solving the right problems. If you take pride in leveling up your developer peers, this is the role for you.
Our mission is to make the entire Jira team more productive and efficient in all aspects of development, from first commit to feature enablement in production. We work hard to improve the productivity of hundreds of fellow software engineers, enabling them to work better, faster, smarter, and reducing pain points in their day-to-day work.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- A strong passion for continuous improvement and measuring success
- A customer and outcome-driven mindset
- Influencing and interpersonal skills, including seeking first to understand, as well as a high level of empathy for both Atlassians customers and your fellow developers
- Experience in building, configuring and customising the tools most commonly used in software development in a continuous delivery environment (e.g. Maven, Gradle, Python, Node.js, Docker, Jenkins, Bamboo, Git)
- Experience in JVM-based development
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Experience in Java web application technology stacks, both legacy and modern
- Experience in working on or supporting large-scale software projects (millions of lines of code, multiple or monolithic repositories)
- Experience or interest in Kotlin development
- Project leadership skills for small to medium-sized projects
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (eg. XP, scrum)
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and were at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, were advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, were out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, were looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.