Posted 6 months ago
Software Engineer (Fabric)
- US Remote
- Full time
Our mission is to be the catalyst for massive, measurable, data-informed healthcare improvement through:
- Data: integrate data in a flexible, open & scalable platform to power healthcare’s digital transformation
- Analytics: deliver analytic applications & services that generate insight on how to measurably improve
- Expertise: provide clinical, financial & operational experts who enable & accelerate improvement
- Engagement: attract, develop and retain world-class team members by being a best place to work
Who you are:
- You are a “T-shaped” developer with deep expertise in backend services and broad expertise in many other technologies.
- You have a passion for continuous learning, excellence and innovation.
- You have a systems-focused approach to building and maintaining software.
- You connect the dots between the business need to the software features you create.
- You have a track record of being analytical, methodical and quality driven.
- You make the teams you work on better by mentoring others, by constructively reviewing Pull Requests, testing software, and taking support rotations.
- You are eager to improve your Software Development practices in a culture that values software as a craft, collaboration and DevOps principles.
- You are passionate about making the world a better place by building great software.
What you’ll own:
- As a Software Engineer on our Fabric team, you will be responsible to maintain, extend and create and support scalable microservices that serve as the foundation for Health Catalyst’s Data Operating System (DOS).
- As a member of a team that lives DevOps principles you will participate in the full software development lifecycle by helping to plan, build, test, deploy, operate and respond to the continuous feedback that comes back from the instrumentation you build into the software.
Experience you’ll need:
- Junior to Mid-level software development experience
- A successful candidate will have experience with multiple programming languages, paradigms, and runtimes especially in the implementation of larger complex systems.
- Building and maintaining scalable microservices.
- Expertise in C# / .NET
- Proficiency in SQL
Technologies and tools you may use and interact with here (* – required):
- Windows* – Server 2016, 2019
- Linux – Centos, Ubuntu
- Tools – Git*, Azure DevOps*, Visual Studio*, Docker, Kubernetes
- Services – IIS*, Nginx, RabbitMQ
- Azure – An increasing number of PaaS services
- Data Stores – SQL Server*, SQL Data Warehouse, ElasticSearch
- Frameworks/Standards – ASP.NET Web API*, OData*, OAuth2*, OIDC*, Angular
- Healthcare Specific Standards – HL7v2, CCD, FHIR
Languages in use here that you may be involved with (* – required):
- C# / .NET*
- ARM (Azure Resource Manager)
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.
At Health Catalyst, we appreciate the opportunity to benefit from the diverse backgrounds and experiences of others. Because of our deep commitment to respect every individual, Health Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer.