Posted about 1 year ago
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (FRONT-END)
Peerspace is on a mission to make it easy to bring people together to meet, create, and celebrate in beautiful and inspiring spaces.
Over 3 million people have come together in a Peerspace to create unique events, and we’re growing a team as diverse and well-rounded as our community to help us reach the next 10 million. Peerspace offers an open and inclusive workplace where all team members are enabled to blaze their own trail, make things happen, and be recognized taking pride in their work.
Peerspace is hiring a Software Engineer focused on the front-end stack (React, Redux, NPM, Node, NGINX) to join our team. We are looking for people with a passion for building beautiful user experiences with high design fidelity. You’ll get to work on critical product engineering projects using modern design patterns and coding standards, while helping to migrate existing legacy code. You’ll also work closely with design to continue building out our shared component library and ensure a quality user experience. As a team, we maintain a supportive development environment through mentorship, team offsites, and group code reviews. If this sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Front-end Engineer at Peerspace, you’ll:
- Partner with product and design to deliver rich web applications that meet technical, product, and design requirements.
- Build complex UIs, working with design to solve any tricky CSS challenges.
- Ship frequently - we develop in 2 week sprints that include retros focused on evolving and tuning our process.
- Work with front-end technologies like NGINX, Node.js, Redux, React, ES6, Gulp, Rollup, NPM, and Webpack.
- Collaborate with the backend team as they define APIs and other services that support client applications.
- Work independently to research bugs and implement fixes, improve performance, and add to our analytics event tracking library.
- Participate in our culture of improvement by joining code review meetings, writing technical documentation, and reviewing PR’s for your teammates.
- You have 3 + years of experience as a professional software developer.
- You have experience with React in a Flux architecture.
- You thrive in an open and diverse environment.
- You like to share - you write code that is modular and extensible whenever possible and leave code better than you found it.
- You love to ship - your track record of shipping software that you took end to end responsibility for speaks for itself.
- You want to go home every day knowing your work is valued and will materially impact the experience of Peerspace hosts and guests nationwide.
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Experience with build tools like Webpack and Gulp
- Interest in React Native
- Strong user empathy
- Competitive salary with employee stock options and access to a 401k
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Take-it-when-you-need-it vacation and sick days
- Weekly catered lunch
- $500 annual professional development allowance
- 20% discount on all Peerspace bookings
- Flexible work from home or remote work (PST hours) potential
Peerspace is a community marketplace that makes planning gatherings - starting with finding the perfect space - simple. Whether it’s a loft for a party, a rooftop for a film shoot, or an art gallery for a meeting, Peerspace empowers people to create one-of-a-kind experiences. As a community marketplace, Peerspace makes it easy for individuals and businesses to monetize their underused space and share it with an audience of millions.
Founded in April of 2014, Peerspace is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, New York, and Chicago. The company’s investors include GV, Foundation Capital, Structure Capital, Red Bridge Partners, and 31VENTURES.