Posted 10 months ago
Auth0, a global leader in Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS), provides thousands of enterprise customers with a Universal Identity Platform for their web, mobile, IoT, and internal applications. Its extensible platform seamlessly authenticates and secures more than 2.5B logins per month, making it loved by developers and trusted by global enterprises. Auth0 has raised more than $110 million to date and continues its global growth at a rapid pace. We are consistently recognized as a great place to work based our outstanding leadership and dedication to company culture, and are looking for the best people to join our incredible team spread across more than 35 countries!
The Internal Services team is responsible for services that are consumed by many other Auth0 software engineering teams such as: rate limiting, feature flagging and email delivery. Supporting more than 2.5B logins per month, these foundational services need to be extremely reliable and fast while handling thousands of client requests per second.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to work with our team designing, implementing and at times rethinking these critical services. Because we build things that support the overall platform, the ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about infrastructure, operations, and not intimidated by cross-organization coordination.
What will you be doing?
- Collaborating to design and develop highly available, reliable Node.js services.
- Engaging in data driven conversations about service objectives and goals. Designing monitoring strategies and low impact tests to verify assumptions.
- Working with other Auth0 engineering teams to understand how they are using the services and their future needs.
- Get your hands dirty by debugging and fixing issues in production.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have 2+ years of software development experience.
- Can think about performance in terms of SLOs and error budgets.
- Never keep the default monitoring dashboards! Know what you need to be logging in order to determine if a service is healthy.
- Proactively solicit feedback from colleagues and iterate over solutions.
- Comfortable in cloud environment such as AWS.
- Experience building services to be consumed by other developers.
- Have experience working in distributed teams and work environments.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.