Posted about 1 year ago
Interested in mobility? Looking for a job in which your technical skills come into play? Read on! Optimile is looking for a software engineer for our intermodal routing engine with expertise in Java/Python.
What we do?
Optimile is a software company offering Mobility-as-a-Service. Mobility-as-a-Service has become the new way of transportation. Our aim is to build bridges between different mobility operators and end-users, so that everyone can enjoy the ultimate freedom of planning, booking and paying different transportation modes through one single gateway.
This is our response to the shift away from personally owned means of transportation towards mobility solutions that are consumed as a service. Therefore we develop our own white-label mobility platforms and establish partnerships with all kinds of mobility operators.
To guide mobility users during their trip, we have created our own route planner. This route planner combines different means of transport to get to your destination point. It uses a set of parameters (e.g. cost of the route, ecological footprint of the route, weather, time…) to provide you with the optimal mobility solution.
What will your days look like?
Together with your enthusiastic colleagues you will develop further on our route planner. This way we can always offer the user a tailor-made mobility solution.
- You automate the collection of operator data (from GTFS, OSM, shapefiles, NeTEx, linked connections, custom APIs ...).
- You cast a critical eye on the algorithms used (A*, Raptor, Contraction Hierarchy, CSA ...) and help spotting opportunities.
- You analyse data from operators and users and use this knowledge to improve results.
- You help us scale the route planner (both in terms of number of users and geographical region).
- You help delivering the route planner's results to the user.
- Living in Europe is a must
- You have a Master’s degree in IT or similar experience
- Speaking fluently English is not a problem for you
- Working in a team doesn’t scare you
- You are a hands-on problem solver
- You are not afraid to try out new technologies and methods
- Routing algorithms can trigger your interest
- You will be available as soon as possible
Experience and capabilities
- You know the fundamentals of Neo4j or other graph databases
- You have experience with Java and Java Spring
- Knowing the ins and outs of Grade build systems and Maven repositories is a plus
- You know your way around Python and Django (REST framework)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with React (Native) is a plus
- Full-time permanent role, based remotely
- Competitive salary
- Fast growing international company
- A great, supportive team to work with
- The possibility to develop an innovative product in a new market within an international context
Totally your cup of tea? Convince us of your skills and blow us away with your application form.