Posted about 1 month ago
With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge, we have a lot of store owners to support. Our mission to make repeat orders easier began five years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 150 remote-first employees around the globe processing tens of millions of dollars in sales every week.
Our SaaS platform is used by millions of people every month and our Platform Services team is looking for a Software Engineer to collaborate on a critical part of the platform. This team builds business critical platforms and services that allow ReCharge to run applications reliably at scale, providing ReCharge Engineering with forward-looking tech stack components that take advantage of the cloud (tech stack 2.0).
Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Memcached
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Write code focused on scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability.
- Collaborate with design, product and engineering teams across the company to build new features or update existing ones at scale, as well as understand roadmap priorities.
- Implement new technologies to solve ReCharge’s technical challenges as they arise.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug production issues across multiple levels of the stack.
- Find and address performance issues throughout the application.
- Perform thorough code reviews and troubleshoot complex issues.
What You’ll Bring
- Typically, 7+ years of relevant development experience in fast paced environments
- Expert knowledge of one of the following languages: Python (preferred), Nodejs, Ruby
- Experience with RabbitMq, Kafka, or other cloud based eventing and messaging solutions
- Experience with Cloud Platforms such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Experience with Docker, auto-scaling, pub-sub architectures, serverless
- A knack for engineering simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Self driven; a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Ability to work remote-first in a rapidly scaling organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired