Posted about 1 year ago
At Forestry, we’re helping people build a better web. Our Software Engineer’s mission is to help build a CMS for the next era of the web. If you’re aligned with our mission, enjoy solving complex problems, and like shipping features with a cross-functional team, this could be the perfect role for you.
We are looking for an engineer who can have an impact across our stack -from our React front-end to our Rails back-end, with more emphasis on the front-end. In depth experience with both frameworks is not required, but the more experience with these or similar frameworks, the better.
We strive to create a workplace that enables mastery, autonomy, and purpose (from Daniel Pink’s work).
What You’ll Do
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and suggest and implement solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automation
- Work on a cross-functional team, providing input to and helping out in areas beyond coding (helping define requirements, testing, technical documentation)
To Be Successful In This Role, You’ll Need
- A minimum of 2 years experience building and designing web applications
- Experience working on the back-end of a web application
- To be driven by solving hard problems and taking ownership over development tasks
- To take initiative and suggest solutions and improvements
- A solid understanding and appreciation for automated tests
- To be proficient in the English language, both written and verbal
Extra consideration will be given for candidates that:
- Have experience with static site generators
- Have a passion for the solving the needs of our users