What is G2i?
G2i is a hiring platform for engineers by engineers. Our vision is for the hiring process to be simple, trustworthy and enjoyable for both companies and engineers. Our mission is to create a vetting process where:
- Engineers will vet other engineers
- Engineer vetting will be as close to on-the-job requirements as possible
- The vetting process will be objective, repeatable and quantitatively scored
- The process will be transparent. We will provide the engineer's code, our code review and technical interview notes in full to our clients.
G2i is short for "Good News to the Internet." In addition to being good news to engineers in the tech industry, we are on mission to help hundreds of street kids in Nairobi, Kenya obtain education, a safe home, parental care, and the love they need. We are also committed to supporting the open source community by finding ways to financially support those who build the OSS we rely on.
What We're building
In order to fulfill our mission & vision, we are building a two-sided marketplace that will allow companies to find pre-vetted engineers that can augment their teams on demand. We're investing in features such as a quantitative manual review code process, individualized company match scores, and machine learning to automate more of these processes.
To learn more about this role you can watch this 3 min video from one of the members of our Product Team: http://bit.ly/327NXWD
- Understand our business strategy and deliver products with G2i's unique perspective in mind
- Deeply understand the problems that you’re tackling through research and regular interaction with customers, and define and re-frame those problems for the team
- Manage the roadmap—understand and prioritize potential projects from various inputs (user research, our wishlist, etc) so the team is always working on the most impactful projects
- Facilitate our Weekly Stakeholder Meeting and ensure all G2i initiatives have a clear owner, priorities are clearly defined, and status is visible to all stakeholders.
- Facilitate all Scrum Ceremonies (Sprint Planning, Daily Stand Up, Sprint Retrospectives, etc.)
- Define quantitative and qualitative success metrics and constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through these measures, both before and after it’s released
Deliver world-class software—maintain the quality of the product that your team is responsible for and
Motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers
- 3+ years experience in a Product Manager role
- Be a clear communicator of product decisions and the rationale behind them. Be comfortable in making decisions without consensus. You can help others make decisions by being persuasive.
- You’re entrepreneurial—you're self-driven and you don’t need direction.
- You’re organized, not ad hoc.
- Be able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically.
- Have an understanding of the technical architecture of complex web and mobile applications.
- You are interested in learning more about frontend development and might even like to learn how to code a bit (not required, but encouraged)
- A leaning towards over communicating rather than under communicating which is paramount on remote teams
- Urgency and ownership matter a lot to us. You can read about our CTO's perspective on it here.
This role is perfect for you if:
- You are comfortable working remotely and/or managing a remote team — We are a 100% remote first company and you have the option of working remotely or moving to South Florida (near the beach)
- You value work-life balance — you are not encouraged to work weekends. We value our 40 hours work weeks.
- You aren't afraid of rolling up your sleeves and wearing many hats if that's what it takes to push a project forward. This is a dual Product and Project Manager role, with a lot of Project Management work involved at the beginning.
- You are comfortable managing both software development projects and business process improvement projects.
- You want to be a part of defining the product process — as our first Product Manager, you'll help build the design and development process and, as a startup, there's lots of room for new ideas and growth.
The other perks
- We have a game night every 3 weeks which is a ton of fun!
- 21 Days of PTO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Care (Gold Plan)
We are not a good fit for you if:
- You are looking for a giant slow-moving company. ****We're constantly experimenting, iterating and changing things.
- You are looking to specialize in some particular problem set. This role requires working in different contexts and problem sets. We need people that can adapt to the challenges thrown at them.
- You don't want to take on any work outside of your job description/comfort zone. We're a small company and sometimes we need all hands on deck for certain problems.
G2i is an equal opportunity employer. We’re dedicated to building a team where diversity in both ideas and identities is not only welcomed but encouraged. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are part of an underrepresented group in tech that is considering applying, but you have any reservations about doing so, please email me (email@example.com
) and let me know how we can be more welcoming to you.