Posted over 1 year ago
Software Product Owner
Want to work remotely as a full time developer for a company that has been writing software for 37 years but is also using the latest technologies? SSCS is looking to add a dedicated Software Product Owner to our software development department. This position will help drive the future direction of our new software projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Develop vision and roadmaps for products; communicate this to development teams.
* Work with users and customers to determine product requirements.
* Become subject matter expert for the business domain to which products are targeted.
* Build consensus on solutions among users, SSCS, and Agile development teams.
* Create epics and user stories that define what the product needs to accomplish.
* Work with management to help the product meet the strategic needs of company.
* Prioritize product backlog in order to provide the greatest value to users as quickly as possible.
* Review work done during the sprint and accept or reject the work depending on how it meets requirements.
* Make sure completed features get deployed to production and appropriate notifications and documentation go out to customers.
Requirements and Qualifications
* Knowledge of agile processes and Product Owner responsibilities.
* Excellent organization, communication, and problem-solving skills.
* Self motivated.
* Attention to detail
* Prior experience working as a product owner or business analyst a plus.