Posted about 1 year ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Sales team is looking for a Solutions Sales Executive to join us in Munich or Frankfurt, Germany. In this role, you will grow and develop our middleware business by working closely with new and emerging customers to determine the solutions that meet their unique needs. You'll need to have an excellent combination of customer-facing sales skills and deep technical knowledge of enterprise middleware to uncover new accounts and successfully sell Red Hat Middleware and Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
- Work closely with key account managers, solutions architects, and domain architects to identify opportunities in existing key accounts, assist in the creation of account plans, and carry out strategic plans
- Gain the trust of senior information technology (IT) and business executives within key accounts and create long-term partnerships with customers
- Develop new solutions strategies within key accounts to establish proof-of-concept and pilot implementations of the Red Hat Middleware portfolio and Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Assist the Product Engineering, Professional Services, and Product Support teams to ensure a premium customer experience
- Guide and close sales and service opportunities in collaboration with the accounting team
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including extensive experience presenting to C-level executives at large firms
- Solutions sales mentality in an environment with multiple offerings and services
- Ability to work with global cross-functional teams to achieve success on behalf of customers
- Ability to understand customer business issues and technology requirements
- Excellent balance of strategic and tactical skills; high level of curiosity
- Knowledge of automotive and manufacturing industry is a plus
- 8+ years of experience in a solutions sales role with 4+ of those years focused on enterprise middleware
- Background in consultative customer engagement with either a major middleware software company or within the sales division of a middleware software reseller
- Broad understanding of enterprise middleware technologies like Red Hat Middleware, IBM WebSphere, or Oracle WebLogic
- Understanding of container and Kubernetes-based offerings and the ability to explain the value of these solutions to guide Red Hat OpenShift sales
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.